• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that Dundee boot looks great in that grained leather. Is that a stock offering?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Not stock unfortunately. Would look great in brown cordovan ;-)

Yes I guess it would be made with whatever last the Dundee normally is made with - C&J aren't open to changing stuff like that.

335 is the normal last for this boot. I haven't owned this last so maybe someone could expand. I am told by C&J factory it run just slightly larger in width toe box than 325. It's a Country Boot last that goes for many applications is what my take is... Others on 335?

BTW thanks to all who choose to post their experiences with the C & J lasts. I love the line personally...

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

335 is the normal last for this boot. I haven't owned this last so maybe someone could expand. I am told by C&J factory it run just slightly larger in width toe box than 325. It's a Country Boot last that goes for many applications is what my take is... Others on 335?

BTW thanks to all who choose to post their experiences with the C & J lasts. I love the line personally...

Isn't the Islay on the 335? What about the Skye & Lindrick?

Last edited:

TommyB

Reaction score
Another update.

So far 8 of the first 12 people on the list have responded to my PM, so calling the following four (who I just PM'd again):

@Baldrick
@chipshot
@nachomann
@kathmandont

Coming Tuesday, June 9, it's been two weeks since my original PM, so if I don't hear back from them by then, I will move down the list. (Unless the general consensus on the forum is that two weeks is not enough time, then I'll give them a few more days.)

Regarding the specs, the boot will be made on last 341, have double leather soles and all blind eyelets, since that's what most people have preferred. Most people who have responded so far are quite neutral on the welt. Two express a preference for storm welt, one for flat welt, so still a chance to influence this.

Right now, the full list looks like this. Bold names = confirmed.

Also, two people have opted out of the first run and are placed on place 13 and 14 (i.e. place 1 and 2 for the second run) to give them a new chance for the second run. If any of the four who haven't responded yet opts out, the next offer goes to @KPAO182 (who I know will be in).

1. @madridista
  2. @Baldrick
  3. @NewYawker
  4. @chipshot
  5. @skeen7908
  6. @TommyB
  7. @PipersSon
  8. @doorsncolours
  9. @Kirill Skok
  10. @nachomann
  11. @kathmandont
  12. @jkater1
  13. (@sleepyinsanfran )
  14. (@zr0e )
  15. @KPAO182
  16. @Candella
  17. @elsalvatrucha
  18. @Faster
  19. @tanbar
  20. @Skyfell
  21. @velgador0
  22. @omicron1792
  23. @Laika7
  24. @Cjwylie
  25. @stevefok
  26. @S K M
  27. @dkotek
  28. @saurabh
  29. @polishrifle
  30. @aza281
  31. @chocol8max
  32. @felconzeng
  33. @RogerP
  34. @rssmsvc
  35. @NewStart

Last edited:

minthe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I admit that I haven't read all of this thread, so please excuse an obvious question: do C&J offer "small" changes to a pattern (such as lowered height, addition of a pull tab, or a curved top of a boot rim) as part of a "normal" single MTO? Or would this involve paying for a new pattern to be made (and a price upwards of 1000gbp for a shell cordovan boot)?

Thanks!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi everyone,

I admit that I haven't read all of this thread, so please excuse an obvious question: do C&J offer "small" changes to a pattern (such as lowered height, addition of a pull tab, or a curved top of a boot rim) as part of a "normal" single MTO? Or would this involve paying for a new pattern to be made (and a price upwards of 1000gbp for a shell cordovan boot)?

Thanks!

C&J is very restrictive. No changes no matter how small are allowed.

minthe

Reaction score
^ thank you, this is very helpful. I'll look for another maker...

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With so much of wait i thought to ask C&J store in Burlington Arcade to quote me price for single MTO of Whiskey Cordovan.
I have bought most of my C&J shoes from here except for Skye2 (dark brown) which i got at full retail from NYC store.
Looks like pricing for single MTO in Whiskey cordovan is very steep:
1. Sky2: £900 - excluding vat £750 plus £50 for skin fee.
2. Harlech: £875 - excluding vat £729.17 plus £50 for skin fee
3. Cheviot: £825 - excluding vat £687.50 plus £50 for skin fee.

the lead time is 6-8 weeks for making any of these shoes.

TommyB

Reaction score
Hi everybody, another update.

I wish I could tell you that we have a full dozen confirmed, but this is not the case. As I write this, 10 people have confirmed they are still in, and I have moved pretty far down the list. I realize I should have contacted everybody on the list from the start to save time. Lesson learned.

Since some people have opted out completely, some have opted out of the first run, and some haven't responded to PMs, right now the list for this run looks like this. Confirmed in bold. (Updated June 24.)

1. @NewYawker
  2. @chipshot ?
  3. @skeen7908
  4. @TommyB
  5. @Kirill Skok
  6. @jkater1
  7. @KPAO182
  8. @tanbar
  9. @Skyfell
  10. @omicron1792
  11. @Cjwylie
  12. @saurabh
  13. @aza281
  14. @felconzeng
  15. @rssmsvc
  16. @NewStart
  17. @Churchill W

Last edited:

TommyB

Reaction score
On the list above, place number 17 (@S K M ). But I'll actually PM everybody and see how many are still interested. If we get 18-20 names, then maybe C&J will be able to include everybody, if we're lucky. And if everybody wants the same makeup, that is.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the list above, place number 17 (@S K M ). But I'll actually PM everybody and see how many are still interested. If we get 18-20 names, then maybe C&J will be able to include everybody, if we're lucky. And if everybody wants the same makeup, that is.
Could you please email me at [email protected] ASAP. Because of well publicized cases like this: http://www.seattletimes.com/busines...schemes-says-kickstarter-funds-spent-on-rent/ as well as cases on the forum, regrettably, we are going to have to do a little more oversight of GMTOs occurring on the forum. Unless the organizer is doing this for profit, in which case it is an affiliate activity, there is absolutely no cost to any member involved in the GMTO. However, we will need to verify the details with the vendor and the organizer.

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads