1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Here are the exact specs that I provided to Lauren.

Model: Lowndes (Double Monk Strap)
    Last: 348
    Size: 9.5E
    Material: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
    Stitching: Tone-on-Tone
    Buckle: Nickel/Silver
    Welt: Flat Welt (Standard on Lowndes)
    Sole: Single Leather (Standard on Lowndes)
    Edging (Color): Light Antique

-Mike

2. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Distinguished Member

if C&J makes the harlech, the skye II and the Lowndes in whiskey shell, they'd have made more whiskey pairs as alden had all of last year :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015

3. mdubs

Hah! Well they don't regularly produce Whiskey like Alden does. I think they hord it.

4. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

I'm not in on lowndes, it doesn't really do much for me and 348 doesn't really fit me neither.

5. TommyB

TommyB Senior Member

@Papa Doble You can change this to "I'm in" (still only interested in Whiskey, though).

6. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Distinguished Member

I heard from Lauren at C&J. She's still waiting to hear back from the factory. Apparently she's usually only allowed to do whiskey shell orders once every 6 months or so, and she's just about to make another order -- perhaps it's the Skye 2?

EDIT: Lauren did say they have a "great deal" of dark brown shell available throughout the year. I know people signed up for whiskey, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015

7. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior Member

Wow hopefully they let the order go through. If we have to wait 6 months im definitely still on board. That would mean submission some time in August and delivery sometime in November or December. Works for me.

8. Skyfell

Skyfell Active Member

Thanks for update Papa.

Fingers crossed they may be able to get this order through now.

If not , like New Yawker, I am happy to wait for when they can complete the order :nodding:

9. TommyB

TommyB Senior Member

Thanks for the update, Papa D. I don't mind waiting either. I'm used to Alden, so nine or ten months doesn't seem so bad for a pair of Whiskey boots. :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015

10. tdes81

tdes81 Senior Member

[​IMG]

In terms of sizing, the 335 last "The Skye is a generous fitting shoe in regards to the width." I was planning to go with my Barrie Last size for these boots (or a US 10D) if you are familiar with Alden sizes.

In order to join in, just send me a PM. Thanks gentlemen and carry on!

Thanks,
    Mike

I was just informed we had another sign up for this. So I think that makes only 5 left to go! We also have confirmation on the leather for these.

11. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Distinguished Member

PM sent to mdubs. If the whisky shell is confirmed I'm in. I would vote for no speed hooks and Dainite though, but whisky shell is the main draw.

12. mdubs

Sorry for my lack of responses here, I have been on travel for work and been having dinners after work and not getting home until super late.

We are getting super close now. We have a few peeps who are working to get their sizes down and then we should be good to go. I have a list of folks and am tracking status with Lauren fairly closely to get this rolling.

I hope that Lauren does the Harlechs for you guys also!

-Mike

13. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

I wonder what the foreign exchange is going to look like 6 months from now. I highly doubt it will make any difference to the people that are in already though.

14. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior Member

Big question mark but I would imagine $20 one way or the other. Obviously lots of different factors at play, but I expect the euro to stabilize and recover somewhat by year end. I feel for our Canadian friends though - currency could fall to $.60 to the dollar which is disastrous.

15. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Distinguished Member

Sorry @Papa Doble and @mdubs, I'm gonna have to bail out on the C&J whisky shell MTO offerings. Ed just gave me a great price on these whisky shell boots so I went this direction instead. (Spoiler tagging since not C&J)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]