• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Here are the exact specs that I provided to Lauren.

Model: Lowndes (Double Monk Strap)
Last: 348
Size: 9.5E
Material: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Stitching: Tone-on-Tone
Buckle: Nickel/Silver
Welt: Flat Welt (Standard on Lowndes)
Sole: Single Leather (Standard on Lowndes)
Edging (Color): Light Antique

-Mike

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I'd be happy to organize something and to wait to do so until things for the boot pre-order are farther along the way.

I would prefer a cap-toe, whiskey, double monk for myself, though I am a bit flexible on sole or last. Since I'm working with a Latin teacher budget, I'd prefer bench-grade to make the purchase slightly more economical.

MDubs's pair of Lowndes has a chisel toe (as opposed to rounded) which looks good to me too. MDubs - any other details of the pair worth knowing? What last is that on? Thanks.

Interested so far (?) :

- New Yawker
- StevenT
- jfclarcky
- Mdubs (?)

I'm not in on lowndes, it doesn't really do much for me and 348 doesn't really fit me neither.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard from Lauren at C&J. She's still waiting to hear back from the factory. Apparently she's usually only allowed to do whiskey shell orders once every 6 months or so, and she's just about to make another order -- perhaps it's the Skye 2?

EDIT: Lauren did say they have a "great deal" of dark brown shell available throughout the year. I know people signed up for whiskey, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited:

NewYawker

Reaction score

I heard from Lauren at C&J. She's still waiting to hear back from the factory. Apparently she's usually only allowed to do whiskey shell orders once every 6 months or so, and she's just about to make another order --
perhaps it's the Skye 2?

Wow hopefully they let the order go through. If we have to wait 6 months im definitely still on board. That would mean submission some time in August and delivery sometime in November or December. Works for me.

Skyfell

Reaction score

I heard from Lauren at C&J. She's still waiting to hear back from the factory. Apparently she's usually only allowed to do whiskey shell orders once every 6 months or so, and she's just about to make another order -- perhaps it's the Skye 2?

EDIT: Lauren did say they have a "great deal" of dark brown shell available throughout the year. I know people signed up for whiskey, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks for update Papa.

Fingers crossed they may be able to get this order through now.

If not , like New Yawker, I am happy to wait for when they can complete the order :nodding:

TommyB

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Papa D. I don't mind waiting either. I'm used to Alden, so nine or ten months doesn't seem so bad for a pair of Whiskey boots. :)

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in joining the Skye 2 in Whiskey Shell Cordovan Group MTO Purchase (we have confirmed leather and can still add anyone interested). I have been working with Lauren from Crockett and Jones to get everyone confirmed and paid. Due to the exchange rates, the price for US based people has dropped nearly $100!

The boots, price wise, have come in at the originally estimated price of £700 (with VAT) or £562.50 (without VAT - People in US) and £30 for shipping plus if shoe trees are desired, they are an additional £60 (with VAT) or £50 (without VAT). So for US people, the shoes will be approximately, £592.50 (~$890) shipped.

The specifications would be as follows.

• Crockett & Jones Skye 2 Wingtip Boot
  • Last: 335
  • Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
  • Sole: Double Leather Sole
  • Eyelets: 4 Exposed Brown Metal + 4 Brown Metal Hooks (Similar to the Skye 2 in Snuff Suede)
  • Welt: Storm - Possibly flat if possible
  • Edging: Antique
Related Pictures:

LL

In terms of sizing, the 335 last "The Skye is a generous fitting shoe in regards to the width." I was planning to go with my Barrie Last size for these boots (or a US 10D) if you are familiar with Alden sizes.

In order to join in, just send me a PM. Thanks gentlemen and carry on!

Thanks,
Mike

I was just informed we had another sign up for this. So I think that makes only 5 left to go! We also have confirmation on the leather for these.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was just informed we had another sign up for this.  So I think that makes only 5 left to go!  We also have confirmation on the leather for these.

PM sent to mdubs. If the whisky shell is confirmed I'm in. I would vote for no speed hooks and Dainite though, but whisky shell is the main draw.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I was just informed we had another sign up for this.  So I think that makes only 5 left to go!  We also have confirmation on the leather for these.

PM sent to mdubs. If the whisky shell is confirmed I'm in. I would vote for no speed hooks and Dainite though, but whisky shell is the main draw.

Sorry for my lack of responses here, I have been on travel for work and been having dinners after work and not getting home until super late.

We are getting super close now. We have a few peeps who are working to get their sizes down and then we should be good to go. I have a list of folks and am tracking status with Lauren fairly closely to get this rolling.

I hope that Lauren does the Harlechs for you guys also!

-Mike

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow hopefully they let the order go through. If we have to wait 6 months im definitely still on board. That would mean submission some time in August and delivery sometime in November or December. Works for me.
I wonder what the foreign exchange is going to look like 6 months from now. I highly doubt it will make any difference to the people that are in already though.

NewYawker

Reaction score
I wonder what the foreign exchange is going to look like 6 months from now. I highly doubt it will make any difference to the people that are in already though.
Big question mark but I would imagine $20 one way or the other. Obviously lots of different factors at play, but I expect the euro to stabilize and recover somewhat by year end. I feel for our Canadian friends though - currency could fall to $.60 to the dollar which is disastrous.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry @Papa Doble and @mdubs, I'm gonna have to bail out on the C&J whisky shell MTO offerings. Ed just gave me a great price on these whisky shell boots so I went this direction instead. (Spoiler tagging since not C&J)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads