Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I was referencing the fact that you can wear the shoe as is because I'm sure that there will be people that have to compromise in one detail or another but then when they are finally recrafted/resoled,etc. so,done could change some if the details if they see fit.

2. doorsncolours

doorsncolours Member

Im definitely in for these (the shell pair). Sizing is going to be interesting for me as Toronto doesn't (to my knowledge) have any retailers that carry Crockett and Jones at the moment (I think leather foot may have at some point).

I'm a 9.5 E on the Alden Grant last, 9.5 D on the Alden Trubalance last (odd enough), and a 9.5 E on the AE 65 last so any sizing feedback would be appreciated.

In Terms of construction I would prefer a double leather sole but I'm easy either way. I'm not a huge fan of speed hooks on anything dressier, but we can see where the group goes.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

3. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

This is how they should look, just with 5 hooks:

[​IMG]

and in this dark oak wax leather below:

[​IMG]

4. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Just letting you guys know I got a response from Lauren at C&J. She contacted the factory about the availability of whiskey shell and said she will get back to me soon.

5. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Papa - hopefully we get some good news!

6. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

So for everyone involved in the Whiskey Shell Skye 2 order, it looks like we've had a few drop out, and contacting Lauren today it looks like she only has credit card info for 4 people. That means we need another 8 to get this thing off the ground.

For a reminder, here's the makeup:

Crockett & Jones Skye 2 Wingtip Boot
    • Last: 335
    • Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
    • Sole: Double Leather Sole
    • Eyelets: 4 Exposed Brown Metal + 4 Brown Metal Hooks (Similar to the Skye 2 in Snuff Suede)
    • Welt: Storm - Possibly flat if possible
    • Edging: Antique
    And came in at the originally estimated price of £700 (with VAT) or £562.50 (without VAT - People in US) and £30 for shipping plus if shoe trees are desired, they are an additional £60 (with VAT) or £50 (without VAT). So for US people, the shoes will be approximately, £592.50 (~$975) shipped.

Lets get this thing back off the ground. I've been itching for these since October!

7. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Actually closer to $900 now at current exchange rate.

8. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

Even better!

9. Kirill Skok

Kirill Skok New Member

I would like to join the group for the Whiskey Harlechs. Size is 11E. Haven't done this before - it would be great if the organizer could send me a PM with logistics details - e.g. do we Venmo you, etc.

10. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Hi Kirill - welcome to the forum. Member @Papa Doble is taking the lead on the whiskey harlechs. Please pm him or he will pm you directly. Basically, once we reach 12 members, which is the minimum required to avoid the mto fee from CJ we will contact them directly and be invoiced directly from the manufacturer. Lauren is the representative there that handles the requests - her exactly title eludes me right now. Money does not change hands between forum members with this gmto - hope that helps.

11. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior member

How is payment handled with the C&J GMTO's? 100% up front? Payment on shipment?

12. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I've never done this before, but I believe it's 100% up front.

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

This is correct.

14. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

As I am sort of getting off the "maybe" fence for the whisky Harlech and into a more definite yes, I just thought I'd chime in. The only deal killers for me are that it has to have a Dainite sole and no speed hooks and it sounds like we're all on the same page with that. I'll add that I would prefer a storm welt as this is a blucher boot we're talking about here, and a pull tab in the back would be nice since to assist with getting the boot on since there isn't speed lacing (which I dislike anyway). Neither are deal killers for me though. I'm fine with either blind or exposed eyelets. Actually, that one Mdubs posted looks pretty great!!!

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Yeah, the collect all the cards and then bill them once they have the 12 cards collected and then start production.

-Mike