Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Baldrick

Baldrick Well-Known Member

With Greek election results, £€ are falling sharply, this the rights time put this order in, we should be able to save in 100-200 range over next few days.....:cmon folks 7 more

2. 68Bullitt

68Bullitt Well-Known Member

budapest12, I hope you don't mind me consolidating this info for the run your putting together.

Snowdon: £550 - £458.33 ($688.78) excluding vat + shipping
    - 228 Last
    - Oak Wax Hide
    - 5 Speed Hooks
    - Full Bellows Tounge
    - Faux Stitch Captoe
    - Commando Sole
    - Veldtschoen
    - Full Leather Lining?

12 Needed:
    @budapest12
    @Nikola
    @laufer - Maybe
    @68Bullitt

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

My brother-in-law just got a pair or Harlechs and is now a big fan. I just emailed him the specs in an attempt to moisten his palette. He isn't on SF, so I would have to proxy for him.

Not sure how likely he is to participate, being that he has a wife and 2 children under 2. I'm always soliciting him with opportunities to score coveted shoes, but he always declines.

4. zr0e

zr0e Senior member

I'm probably interested in the Harlech. I don't know my size, I wear an 11 in the Lindrick and it's pretty snug, too snug really; I should size up to an 11.5 on those. My Alden TB/Barrie last size is an 11 as well and I don't have any other C&J to compare.

Edited: clarity.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

5. madridista

madridista Well-Known Member

^ I am size 10.5 D US in Alden Plaza, Grant, Hampton lasts and size 10 D in Alden Barrie last. My brannock size is 10.5 D US. I take size 9.5 E (which is medium width) UK in 341 last on which Harlech.

6. 68Bullitt

Interested in the Harlech or the Snowdon?

7. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Would be interested but I thought there was more intetest for double leather soles based on replies in the thread?

I would prefer double leather

8. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Double Leather but this time last 325 or 335 even better, country last style, nothing too fancy pants

9. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Thanks - much appreciated. I have been too distracted recently and do want to forge ahead on this. I had no idea you were in. Not sure that I saw any finite indication that @laufer was in either. Are you fairly sure of that price with the VAT backed out and exchange rate? That exchange rate could get better in the coming weeks, as others have pointed out. Ok, again, thank you and let's get this rolling.

10. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Re: Harlech folks -- lacing up 8 blind eyelets is going to be quite the challenge if you plan to wear them on a regular basis. If we are going all-eyelets, having grommeted/"exposed" eyelets might be better for speed of lacing...

11. 68Bullitt

The conversion that I posted is accurate as of today: £1 = $1.50. If you prefer, I can remove that price from the post and once we have a full run of 12, we can put in the price for whatever it is at that time and date.

I've always been in on this run [​IMG] I hope that list doesn't fill up just yet cause I plan on using part of my tax refund on this and a pair of Brecons [​IMG]

Lastly, I had mentioned this question a few pages back, but it may have been looked over. I'm not sure how the construction was done on the "Turner" boot in which the shearling collar was added, but I was wondering if this could be done after the fact? Perhaps B Nelson?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

12. zr0e

zr0e Senior member

I agree and am not entirely sure if all blind eyelets would be practical for me, with regards to the harlechs

13. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

Agreed. The blind eyelets has kept me on the fence about these. If they had agatine eyelets, I'd likely be in...

14. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I'm not entirely opposed to metal eyelets, in particular matched light/medium brown eyelets (as opposed to a contrasting dark brown) like on @NAMOR's Vass boots below. We'd need to use thicker laces then, but that could be a good thing.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

15. laufer

laufer Senior member

Guys,

No apologies needed, indeed was involved in initial conversations. Put me down as a maybe on the list. From what I can see this is going to be an uphil battle so let's see if we can get other members interested in this project and I will make a decision.