Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

@mdubs , your whiskey Harlechs look amazing! And you take the best photos. Because of where I live and with so little rain, I prefer the double leather soles that we got on the first run but I would have preferred if mine were all blind eyelets like yours.

Hope you guys get enough for a 3rd run. They are amazing boots. I will say though that the dark brown shell Harlechs are also amazing. The patina on those is developing really nicely.

2. laufer

laufer Senior member

Guys here is my pair from the first run, apologies for the bad pictures.
    First run had speed hooks and double leather soles. Second run had dainite soles and blind eyelets. In my opinion the best make up is blind eyelets and double leather soles. I did not baby these but these are dress boots hence my recommendations to go with leather soles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

3. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Thanks for sharing! How many wears have these been through?

4. laufer

laufer Senior member

At least two dozen and half of those were through rain. Here is more

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

My friend, yes that is an Alden Whiskey Chukka made back in 2001. It is my favorite sample of Whiskey that I have to my avail, so I included it for color comparison sake.

I had the double monks made at the same time as the GMTO Harlechs. They were a single MTO from C&J of their Lowndes in Whiskey She'll Cordovan. The are one of my prizes in my fleet... More pics... ;-) (Sorry if I got carried away.. LoL)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Mike

6. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

I "might" be interested in this makeup as well. [​IMG]

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Well-Known Member

Wow thx for pics Mike, those dbl monks are amazing. Is there any difference in leather thickness b.w Alden n CJ boots? Mind sharing boot size difference b.w Alden n CJ, assuming former is on barrie last?

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

You will work all the sizing comparisons with Lauren once you get the specs agreed upon and the required mass formed.

I am a 10.5C TTS, I bought 9.5E UK (bearing in mind a UK E is equivalent to a US D), if I had to do it again, on the Harlech last, I would have gotten a 9E UK. On the Lowndes, I tried a pair on before I did the individual MTO (there is a large upcharge for a single MTO, so I wanted to be 100% on that one).

-Mike

9. BingoLiddle

BingoLiddle Well-Known Member

10. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I’m going to email Lauren today to initiate this process, and specifically to determine if whiskey shell is available.

As for the design, here is what I suggest we move forward with. Essentially the exact boot @mdubs posted above, with modifications indicated by ***:

Crockett & Jones Harlech Cap Toe Boot
    Last: 341
    Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
    Sole***: Brown Dainite with a leather mid sole. If brown is not available, then black Dainite with a leather mid sole (just like @mdubs’s boot).
    Welt***: Flat 360 degree rather than storm/split reverse 360 degree
    Edging: antique/light brown
    Eyelets: all blind
    Pull tab***: none

Let me know here or in a PM if there’s something in the above that’s a dealbreaker for you.

If whiskey shell is not available, I happen to think the above boot in C&J's dark brown shell would be great, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

The other priority is getting more interested parties, so I'll start posting in relevant threads. So far we have 26 people at at least a maybe. Let me know if I missed you, or if you want to be taken off.

1. @madridista
    2. @Baldrick
    3. @NewYawker
    4. @Papa Doble
    5. @sleepyinsanfran
    6. @zr0e
    7. @Fred G. Unn
    8. @chipshot
    9. @skeen7908
    10. @schmallo15
    11. @TommyB
    12. @PipersSon
    13. @doorsncolours
    14. @Kirill Skok
    15. @nachomann
    16. @kathmandont
    17. @jkater1
    18. @KPAO182
    19. @Candella
    20. @elsalvatrucha
    21. @Faster
    22. @tanbar
    23. @Skyfell
    24. @velgador0
    25. @omicron1792
    26. @Laika7

Finally, remember that the current conversion rate should make the price of these boots significantly lower than usual. I'll get pricing info from Lauren, but if they're £592.50 shipped excluding VAT like before, then they would be $889.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015

11. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Sorry Gentlemen,

I am going to have to back out of this one for now.

Better I tell you now than later.

Best Wishes!

12. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

12 pairs of whatever makeup is not mission difficult, it is mission impossible.

13. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

@Papa Doble - Thanks for putting in the leg work on this - I know it is no small task.

Crockett & Jones Harlech Cap Toe Boot
    Last: 341
    Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
    Sole***: Brown Dainite with a leather mid sole. If brown is not available, then black Dainite with a leather mid sole (just like @mdubs ’s boot).
    Welt***: Flat 360 degree rather than storm/split reverse 360 degree
    Edging: antique/light brown
    Eyelets: all blind
    Pull tab***: none

I am okay with all of the specs as proposed. I had some serious regret missing out on the previous 2 orders so I am in. If whiskey is not available I would most likely also be in for another brown cordovan. With the falling euro and imminent price increases now is definitely the time to get this done. Thank you and cheers.

14. Baldrick

Baldrick Well-Known Member

Storm welt is practical for unfortunate situations of stepping in puddle or rain, but also look good on boots, I will recommend to have it

15. madridista

madridista Well-Known Member

@Papa Doble Thanks for doing this! I agree with Baldrick! I would also prefer storm welt and double leather sole, if possible, otherwise I am ok with the majority. I would be out if whiskey shell is not there as I have dark brown shell Harlechs already. They are my most favorite boots!