• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no, I'm asking what particular model he is interested in. He says he "could be interested". I'm asking, in what. If he's interested in the GMTO for the Snowdon, for example, then I would like to know because I am coordinating that order. In which case we are looking to get 12 through London, without the added MTO fee, which I think you've picked up from reading my previous posts. Perhaps not. In any event, if he wants to join a GMTO in progress, the immediate thing for him to do probably isn't to contact Aki, as whoever is running the GMTO can contact whoever it is they are already dealing with.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not sure what he is looking into either. I just gave him the general info, because I figured that he would have read one of your post already to get that info. Well if he is interested in the Snowdon, I'm sure that he will see this back and forth between us. Hopefully he will know to reach out to you to settle things.

I've known what you guys have been trying to do and that is why I gave the info that Aki gave me for the same thing. That is all. Just trying to help.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We appreciate your intention. However, you are making more confusion than help. For the past couple of pages budapest clearly advised he's already on the line with the C&J Factory, and he's waiting for the info on price. No Aki/ London store is necessary.

Last edited:

TGuns

Reaction score
Sorry, no, I'm asking what particular model he is interested in. He says he "could be interested". I'm asking, in what. If he's interested in the GMTO for the Snowdon, for example, then I would like to know because I am coordinating that order. In which case we are looking to get 12 through London, without the added MTO fee, which I think you've picked up from reading my previous posts. Perhaps not. In any event, if he wants to join a GMTO in progress, the immediate thing for him to do probably isn't to contact Aki, as whoever is running the GMTO can contact whoever it is they are already dealing with.

Sorry for the confusion, yes my previous message was in regards to Snowdon. I forgot to say that in my previous post. The specs I mean are if you are able to get a full bellows tongue.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The factory has confirmed it can make a Snowdon with full bellows tongue for 550 pounds. VAT is deductible outside EU. A stitched mock toecap is possible but a real toecap would compromise the weatherproofing of the boot. Finally, I am told they will only do the boot in waxed oak.

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Shut up and take my money!"

I'm all in, Mister!

Bellows tongue
Faux toecap
Waxed Oak
Commando Sole

You can put my name on the list.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not sure what he is looking into either. I just gave him the general info, because I figured that he would have read one of your post already to get that info. Well if he is interested in the Snowdon, I'm sure that he will see this back and forth between us. Hopefully he will know to reach out to you to settle things. 

I've known what you guys have been trying to do and that is why I gave the info that Aki gave me for the same thing. That is all. Just trying to help. 

We appreciate your intention. However, you are making more confusion than help. For the past couple of pages budapest clearly advised he's already on the line with the C&J Factory, and he's waiting for the info on price. No Aki/ London store is necessary.

Sorry for the confusion, yes my previous message was in regards to Snowdon. I forgot to say that in my previous post. The specs I mean are if you are able to get a full bellows tongue.

Sorry for that and at least we know that he wanted to know about the snowdon now.
Regardless of the situation everyone now should know about how to do GMTO and Single MTO.

Good luck with the snowdon!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Shut up and take my money!"

I'm all in, Mister!

Bellows tongue
Faux toecap
Waxed Oak
Commando Sole

You can put my name on the list.
Terrific! I will try to get the word out on other threads in the next day or two. The full bellows tongue requires extra work from the factory. That is why the price is approximately 75 pounds greater than for a regular Snowdon model. I was told that an order placed now would be ready around late April - again, taking more time than is usually the case. Of course, I see no need to get these boots that early, but I do want to make sure this happens sooner rather than later so I'd like to keep things moving.

NOTE: I am not sure that the factory is willing to make MORE than 12. That is a bit vague because I was told "we could make a line of 12 boots" with full bellows tongue. I don't know if they would refuse a larger order or (more likely) require more time to deliver them.

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12 is already extremely hard to reach, but let's do our best. Perhaps try posting the photo with the price on Marketplace so others can see ..

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@budapest12 How do we stand with the number of orders? Any chance we can collect 12 orders anytime soon?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's you, me, and birds chirping right now. I've been crazy busy - will post on AD soon though, promise you.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's you, me, and birds chirping right now. I've been crazy busy - will post on AD soon though, promise you.

He He .. Take your time, that 12 in your nickname tells me you might be the chosen one for the mission of collecting the 12 people.
tinfoil.gif

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, with the weaker gbp would it be a good time for another shell harlech?
I'm ok with brown or whiskey shell, and a leather midsole w dainite outsole -
I'd just like to order from the C&J factory rather than the NY store (where the jermyn st store keeps redirecting me for my single boot enquiries, with prices around 20% higher in NY for some reason)

Last edited:

NewYawker

Reaction score
@sleepyinsanfran - I would be in for a whiskey shell Harlech. What was the price last go around? And we need 12 right?

madridista

Reaction score
@sleepyinsanfran I would be interested in Whiskey Shell Harlech as well. In fact I like my Harlech (dark brown shell) so much, I might even consider it in burgundy. I think getting 12 people will be a tall order but hopefully strong dollar will make people jump in.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, with the weaker gbp would it be a good time for another shell harlech?
I'm ok with brown or whiskey shell, and a leather midsole w dainite outsole -
I'd just like to order from the C&J factory rather than the NY store (where the jermyn st store keeps redirecting me for my single boot enquiries, with prices around 20% higher in NY for some reason)

I'd be in, especially if Dainite and all blind eyelet.

What last have the MTO Harlechs been on? 341?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads