• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are on the same last except this boot has a better proportions IMO due to a 4 speed hooks row vs 5 on Snowdon.

They are sold currently for 750$ i think + plus shipping at Rakuten, but when I put them in basket it says shipping not possible out of the store ..

Perhaps a dark brown cream+ dark brown wax + wear can darken them a lot.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they on the heavy duty lug sole? They look great to me though I would definitely prefer a darker brown.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the model name and last of this particular boot (228)? Is it still possible to order it?

I would be in! Just not sure about the tan color, would like a darker brown ..

Interesting. I would love to get one with Brown Shell Lower and Snuff Suede Upper. Anyone else interested?

possibly!
I like how the above 'faux cap toe snowdon' is shorter than the snowdon. Does it have an unlined shaft like the snowdon?

Don;t know how the 228 last fits (apart from trying on once). Anyone care to share their experience wearing the snowdon or some other 228 last boot?

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess this starts to heat up.

They are on Commando heavy duty rubber soles.

The 228 last is an good old C&J last, fit is great and TTS. I asked a couple of guys that have a Snowdon.

Though, I'm just for the darker brown version of veldt construction. I wouldn't need any fancy suede inserts.

So, if anyone else would be interested let me know.

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested - but not in a huge hurry as these will likely not get done until just before Spring at the earliest.

Last edited:

Baldrick

Reaction score

Amazing! 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Hopefully I'll be around on the forums (and not away like the last time :p) if/when the next Harlech cordovan makeup happens!

Can't believe I missed this gmto; I am in if there is another Harlech whiskey cordovan gmto.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't believe I missed this gmto; I am in if there is another Harlech whiskey cordovan gmto.

What size do you take. I am thinking about selling mine, they have been worn though.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, man. Whiskey Skye GMTO? Can't believe I missed that. Need to visit here more often!

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saca, I can probably add you to that run if you want. We have hit a bit of a stall due to Lauren being slammed.

They've been stalled? Any idea what kind of ETA we have on them?

matsuito

Reaction score
Gentleman,

I would like to have some advice about my project of C&J MTO

Here is an short description of the beast :
- Model : skye cordovan
- Last : 325 (the last of my conniston is so confortable)
- Leather : dark brown cordovan or burgundy....
- Sole : Ridgeway (in between commando and studded dainite)
- Welt :Veldtschoen (better waterproof than stormwelt)
- Particularity : half bellows tongue

What do you think? I even don't know if it is possible? How would you improve this?
Thanks

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with Jermyn store regarding the Sale, the lady working there told me 95% of their main collection is not on sale.

Edit: Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads