• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I forgot, it was posted earlier in this thread...

Very similar makeup for RL. I'm proposing a dark grain (Islay dark brown) and higher shaft (5 eyelets and 4 speed-hooks).

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Are the MTO Crocketts better than the RTW???

I had a pair of monk shoes back in 2008, but they were never comfortable and ended up sadly going to charity...

I love their styles and wonder if it's worth going MTO...:)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Are the MTO Crocketts better than the RTW???

I had a pair of monk shoes back in 2008, but they were never comfortable and ended up sadly going to charity...

I love their styles and wonder if it's worth going MTO...:)

The MTO shoes are still from the RTW line. I cannot imagine there would be any difference in quality from RTW.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Man do I need them!

burlyarab

Reaction score

So who's in on a Whiskey Cheviot?  Perhaps with enough interest, we can place another order with C&J at the beginning of 2014 to be delivered in the Spring/Summer.  Anybody with me?  Hoit, would you be interested in Whiskey?

Did these ever get made? I'm up for a 325 last longwing in either whiskey as above or the brown cordovan they use on the Marlow's.

I was in the C&J shop in London last week and the lady there told me about the new burgundy cordovan cheviot they have coming in (she also said there will be a limited supply and they will sell out fast) and I tried on the scotch grain wingtip to see and it is so much more elegant and balanced than the Alden LWB I tried later on that day, plus the fit is perfect on me.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I'd be in for a whiskey shortwing, as mentioned on the last page

Longwings ain't my thing. I don't like that long horizontal broguing that extends the length of the shoe. Looks better if it curves off at the front IMO

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is it with you guys and boots? :) I say that affectionately

I'm not a boot guy either. I'm looking for a derby. I only like to have shoes up to my mid calf in severe weather

See my post on the last page

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love something like this. Can't find it anywhere.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
 I'm a fan of chukka's too! I don't know if I like any of the lasts that C&J uses for theirs though...

You should try 363 they use for their Millbank chukka. I find it very sharp looking, albeit the last fits a bit snug (for my feet at least)...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads