Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Kevin Hung

Kevin Hung Member

Hi all, i am new in C&J and i am going to order for the GMTO Crockett & Jones Skye 2 Whisky Shell Wingtip Boot (last 335).

I would like to have some size suggestion for this shoe.

Currently, i am wearing size 6.5D for alden Barrie Last/size uk6 Carmina Rain Last (Normal thickness socks) and size 6D in alden/size uk5.5 in Rain Last(thin socks).

THANKS A LOT!

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Currently have 6 interested... Could use another 6...

Bumping for people interested in a non-shell winter boot:

Specs:
    C&J for RL Gianni in dark brown scotch-grain
    5 black exposed eyelets
    4 black speed-hooks
    Double Dainite
    Edging could be either light or dark
    Storm welt to match edging
    Tone on tone stitching

Very interested:
    hoit1981
    aldenfan
    DoctorHolliday
    kwhitelaw

Somewhat interested:
    fitzcooper
    tifosi

Price is likely to be confirmed by Lauren to be £350 exc. (or £420 inc.) VAT.

Example images (sorry if one of these photos is yours):

RL Gianni:
    [​IMG]

C&J Islay in Dark Brown Grain:
    [​IMG]

3. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I can only give you some comparisons on my impressions. Your feet are different so they may vary...

I wear a 13E UK in my Skye and Skye 2 boots. I wear a 13D US in Alden Trubalance (Indy boot) and Alden Barrie. The 13E UK Skye is a bit looser and longer and I can wear very thick wool socks easily with it. The 13D US Alden Trubalance Indy boot is roomy and I can wear thick wool socks, but it feels a tad shorter and just a tad less roomy than the Skye to me. The 13D US Barrie aldens I have feet just tighter and shorter than both my trubalance and indy. If I wear thick wool socks sometimes it will feel like my foot is being compressed width-wise a bit. Wearing crew a little less so, and wearing thin dress socks they feel fine.

So for me, 13E UK a little larger than 13D US Trubalance which in turn is a little larger than 13D US Barrie. All 3 I wear the same size in fine. I am considering ordering a Skye and this time sizing down to a 12.5E UK if that is possible, but I don't know what the result will be. I imagine it will fit me fine still. If I had to guess, I'd guess you are a 6.5E UK for the skye when wearing thick socks and a 6E UK wearing between normal-to-thin socks.

Please note that this is all just impressions and my feet. To really make sure you get the correct size, you may need to visit one of the C&J stores or order a pair you can return and try them on.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

• the gianni has the metal eyelets and metal hook combo. lindrick is all eyelets :smarmy:

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

this is a great shoe. the harrogate is reminiscent of my JL william and with the modifications you proposed would look very much alike

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

CJ made a u throat for BB last year. nice makeup

[​IMG]

7. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Amended my previous post.

I confused "U-throat" with "U-Cap." I'd want a "U-Cap" derby in cordo.

Like so (from Vass)

[​IMG]

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I forgot, it was posted earlier in this thread...

[​IMG]

Very similar makeup for RL. I'm proposing a dark grain (Islay dark brown) and higher shaft (5 eyelets and 4 speed-hooks).

10. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

You don't need to do a GMTO for a burgundy cord on the 325...

C&J just came out with the Cheviot II in burgundy cord on the 325...its a longwing brogue derby...

Mine are arriving in a week or so....

better move quick though...they are only shipping 10 pairs to the U.S.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

11. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I said in my original post that I don't want a longwing, and that I want G-width.

The Cheviot is a longwing that comes in standard width .:)

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Did that pushy sales rep in the NY store tell you this?

I was in there a couple months ago looking at a pair of shoes. I said I'd think about them, but he urged me to purchase them that day because the price on that particular pair of shoes "would be going up next week." LOL

And last week I was in there to check out the Cheviot, but they had none in stock yet since its from the new collection. He said that I better act fast because they had already "presold" 15 of their Cheviots.

13. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Thanks for your comment but I don't agree with this. I know exactly who you are referring to, and I am sorry that you feel that way about him, but you are wrong.

I have had a relationship with them for over 10 years and own over 25 pairs of C&J...I know everyone in that store very well...and these shoes were indeed pre-sold. If you were to try and order one now...depending on your size you would more likely than not find that they are already out of stock. I ordered several of the new models...

I started shopping at C&J in London...and remember when they didn't even have their own showroom in NYC....they used to be based in the old Turnbull & Asser town home on Park Avenue. Later they opened their own showroom and Turnbull & Asser moved to a new town home two blocks south on Park Avenue the same year.

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Doubtful all the Cheviots sold out in all the UK stores. US store probably has a small allocation. Pick up the phone and you're bound to find a pair at one of the UK stores.

As for that sales guy, I shook my head at the tactic of trying to create urgency by telling me the price would be going up.

15. S K M

S K M Senior member

But no split toe, no?