Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Awesome, thank you! :) Excited for this makeup!

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

You are very welcome! I hope I didn't miss anyone else... I think this will be a very nice boot. :)

-Mike

3. mdubs

Mine should be here soon-ish. Hopefully I can adjudicate any possible picture shortages quickly! :)

Admittedly, I have been having a lot of problems with picture uploading since the recent StyleForum update and Google Chrome now crashes on my desktop when I try and post pics. Ever since I upgraded my desktop OS to a Beta OS...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014

4. S K M

S K M Senior member

Mike, this is probably the most exiting boot make up for quite a while, and one that I have hoped would come to fruition for a long time. Unfortunately, however, I'm bound to say no since I have already placed two MTOs for boots this fall (one of them being a brogue in tan), so I'd rather get off now with the possibility of re-entering at a later stage, than pulling out just before the order goes in. But I'll follow the process eagerly on the side line :)

Just our of curiosity: has the availability of whiskey shell been confirmed? And is all paid up front, or is it a 50/50 payment? And what't the estimated deliviery? :nest::embar:

5. FrankZ

FrankZ Well-Known Member

Hi Mike, please count me in.

Can someone compair 335 and 325 lasts please?

Thanks.

or may I suggest 325 last for this order, so its more Lindrik-ish?

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

7. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Mike can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure all the C&J GMTOs require 100% payment up front. That's how it has been for my two GMTO and my one MTO.

8. mdubs

Bumping with more updates... Just need a few more and then to get everyone to be 100%. Zero hard feelings to those who dropped out, this ain't a cheap boot. Gentlemen, As I have stated, I would like to go ahead and try and organize a Group MTO of the Skye Wingtip Boot. Based upon my experience with C&J Group MTOs, the price should be £700 (with VAT) or £562.50 (without VAT - People in US) and £30 for shipping plus if shoe trees are desired, they are an additional £60 (with VAT) or £50 (without VAT). So for US people, the shoes will be approximately, £592.50 (~$975) shipped. The specifications would be as follows - if you want to try and veto a decision, please let me know.
    • Crockett & Jones Skye 2 Wingtip Boot
    • Last: 335
    • Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
    • Sole: Double Leather Sole
    • Eyelets: 4 Exposed Brown Metal + 4 Brown Metal Hooks (Similar to Lindricks)
    • Welt: Storm - Possibly flat if possible
    • Edging: Antique
    Related Pictures:
    Brown Shell Skye [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Brown Shell Lindricks [​IMG]
    Recent C&J Whiskey [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Alden Whiskey Wingtip [​IMG]
    Running list of interested parties:
    1. @mdubs
    2. @zennypoo
    3. @cyc wid it
    4. @zippyh
    5. @TotalAir1
    6. @PapaRatzinger
    7. @AldenFan
    8. @Watchman1
    9. @FrankZ
    10. TBD
    11. TBD
    12. TBD
    We need at least 2 more and then will need to get everyone confirmed at 100% certain. I really would like to have 15 total before we go forth... Please PM me or post here if you want to try and change anything, but note I hate Danite and will not switch to that. -Mike[/quote]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

9. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, Mike - I'm out due to the sole. Best of luck corralling the rest!

10. mdubs

Not a problem. Updated.

11. soender

soender Well-Known Member

Looks exiting - alas the sole makes it a no go for me.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

12. S K M

S K M Senior member

Oh, booooh, one more reason keeping me at bay :(

Btw, I find it surprising that some are put off by the leather sole. For me a leather sole goes so well with cordovan, and there's no way my Harlechs would be my favorite boot - which they are - if they had Dainite. But that's just my $ 0.02...

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

whiskey and double leather are like peas and carrots. i have a commando sole on my whiskey and while the commando is good for poor weather, i never want to wear my whiskey in the type of weather commando thrives. that whiskey spots and darkens easily when exposed to the elements

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

14. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

[​IMG] Whiskey is a more casual color, so I go with a more casual sole (and one that will need to be replaced much later, too). I'll gladly ogle the double-leather whiskey skye 2's whenever they arrive, though.

15. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

That's unfortunate :-\.

I agree that the leather sole goes extremely well with cordovan.

I think for some people it does depend though on their intended usage for the boots. I actually was in on both whiskey Harlech orders so I have one on leather and one on dainite. Both are really awesome and I am very pleased with. The leather soled ones I wear in the office, to social functions, etc. when it is not raining. The dainite soled ones I will wear out for dinner, around town casually with denim, and sometimes when it is cloudy and there is a possibility of rain. The option to wear the dainite soled ones means I will have something to wear when the ground is wet, and I also will get some rotation between them too.