1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior Member

Awesome, thank you! :) Excited for this makeup!

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

You are very welcome! I hope I didn't miss anyone else... I think this will be a very nice boot. :)

-Mike

3. mdubs

Mine should be here soon-ish. Hopefully I can adjudicate any possible picture shortages quickly! :)

Admittedly, I have been having a lot of problems with picture uploading since the recent StyleForum update and Google Chrome now crashes on my desktop when I try and post pics. Ever since I upgraded my desktop OS to a Beta OS...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014

4. S K M

S K M Senior Member

Mike, this is probably the most exiting boot make up for quite a while, and one that I have hoped would come to fruition for a long time. Unfortunately, however, I'm bound to say no since I have already placed two MTOs for boots this fall (one of them being a brogue in tan), so I'd rather get off now with the possibility of re-entering at a later stage, than pulling out just before the order goes in. But I'll follow the process eagerly on the side line :)

Just our of curiosity: has the availability of whiskey shell been confirmed? And is all paid up front, or is it a 50/50 payment? And what't the estimated deliviery? :nest::embar:

5. FrankZ

FrankZ Senior Member

Hi Mike, please count me in.

Can someone compair 335 and 325 lasts please?

Thanks.

or may I suggest 325 last for this order, so its more Lindrik-ish?

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

7. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior Member

Mike can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure all the C&J GMTOs require 100% payment up front. That's how it has been for my two GMTO and my one MTO.

8. mdubs

Bumping with more updates... Just need a few more and then to get everyone to be 100%. Zero hard feelings to those who dropped out, this ain't a cheap boot. Gentlemen, As I have stated, I would like to go ahead and try and organize a Group MTO of the Skye Wingtip Boot. Based upon my experience with C&J Group MTOs, the price should be £700 (with VAT) or £562.50 (without VAT - People in US) and £30 for shipping plus if shoe trees are desired, they are an additional £60 (with VAT) or £50 (without VAT). So for US people, the shoes will be approximately, £592.50 (~$975) shipped. The specifications would be as follows - if you want to try and veto a decision, please let me know.
    • Crockett & Jones Skye 2 Wingtip Boot
    • Last: 335
    • Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
    • Sole: Double Leather Sole
    • Eyelets: 4 Exposed Brown Metal + 4 Brown Metal Hooks (Similar to Lindricks)
    • Welt: Storm - Possibly flat if possible
    • Edging: Antique
    Related Pictures:
    Brown Shell Skye [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Brown Shell Lindricks [​IMG]
    Recent C&J Whiskey [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Alden Whiskey Wingtip [​IMG]
    Running list of interested parties:
    1. @mdubs
    2. @zennypoo
    3. @cyc wid it
    4. @zippyh
    5. @TotalAir1
    6. @PapaRatzinger
    7. @AldenFan
    8. @Watchman1
    9. @FrankZ
    10. TBD
    11. TBD
    12. TBD
    We need at least 2 more and then will need to get everyone confirmed at 100% certain. I really would like to have 15 total before we go forth... Please PM me or post here if you want to try and change anything, but note I hate Danite and will not switch to that. -Mike[/quote]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

9. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior Member

[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, Mike - I'm out due to the sole. Best of luck corralling the rest!

10. mdubs

Not a problem. Updated.

11. soender

soender Well-Known Member

Looks exiting - alas the sole makes it a no go for me.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

12. S K M

S K M Senior Member

Oh, booooh, one more reason keeping me at bay :(

Btw, I find it surprising that some are put off by the leather sole. For me a leather sole goes so well with cordovan, and there's no way my Harlechs would be my favorite boot - which they are - if they had Dainite. But that's just my $ 0.02...

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

whiskey and double leather are like peas and carrots. i have a commando sole on my whiskey and while the commando is good for poor weather, i never want to wear my whiskey in the type of weather commando thrives. that whiskey spots and darkens easily when exposed to the elements

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

14. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior Member

[​IMG] Whiskey is a more casual color, so I go with a more casual sole (and one that will need to be replaced much later, too). I'll gladly ogle the double-leather whiskey skye 2's whenever they arrive, though.

15. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior Member

That's unfortunate :-\.

I agree that the leather sole goes extremely well with cordovan.

I think for some people it does depend though on their intended usage for the boots. I actually was in on both whiskey Harlech orders so I have one on leather and one on dainite. Both are really awesome and I am very pleased with. The leather soled ones I wear in the office, to social functions, etc. when it is not raining. The dainite soled ones I will wear out for dinner, around town casually with denim, and sometimes when it is cloudy and there is a possibility of rain. The option to wear the dainite soled ones means I will have something to wear when the ground is wet, and I also will get some rotation between them too.