Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Harlech cordovan fever is reaching a pitch haha. I'm just really stoked they will arrive in time for wearing this fall! [​IMG]

2. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Haha, I'm right there with you guys. The original estimate was 10-12 weeks; I e-mailed Lauren precisely 10 weeks after she sent the order to the factory.

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I am also excited because I also had a pair of Lowndes (double monks) made in Whiskey Shell at the same time.

-Mike

4. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Woah, that's awesome! Please make sure to post shots of those when they arrive! Was it a single MTO you did? Was there a large upcharge? I had some Skye 2 brown cordovan boots done in a single MTO and it actually wasn't that much more.

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

A great make-up
    Good choice

6. mdubs

Yes, I did it as a single MTO. I really didn't want to deal with the headaches of trying to coordinate a whole run, plus I am not sure if they had enough leather. There was an up charge, but I don't think it was too bad.

-Mike

7. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I'm rather curious of what you changed from the stock Skye2 brown cordovan.

8. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

That's awesome the up charge wasn't excessive! Crazy how you can scour all over for whiskey, but that some methods such as C&J MTO allow you to get it reasonably. I'm sure they will turn out splendid and I await some pics of them.

9. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Oh, I actually didn't really change anything. So I guess I don't know if it qualifies as an actual MTO. I just needed a size larger than what they stock, so they had to specially make it for me and there was an up charge. So my MTO was just about getting a boot that fit my foot rather than any type of changes. I don't think I'd change anything about the Skye2. I think it is an awesome boot.

10. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Gotcha. When I see MTO I automatically think custom, but that isn't necessarily always true. I really like the Skye2 as well. I may end up with that eventually.

11. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Yeah, and I may be using MTO incorrectly since they made it but it wasn't really made to any specific order. You should definitely check it out if it is your style. I have the sky in calf and the skye2 in cordovan. Just really nice classic boots.

12. mdubs

I apologize my ignorance, but how different is the Skye 2 from the Lindricks, besides the lacking of the "ankle perforations"?

-Mike

13. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I really think that is about it, Mike.

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Skye2 is Dainite right? Lindrick is double leather.

15. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I may be wrong, but I believe the last is different. The toe on the Skye/Skye2 feels more rounded but with a slight chisel to it (in the way the height of the toe box is constructed) and the Lindrick comes to more of a point I believe. Then there is the obvious different of the Skye2 coming with Dainite soles by default and the Lindrick is on double leather (although you could get double leather soles on a Skye 2 via MTO I'm sure). Also, the Skye boots have hidden eyelets on bottom and speed hooks on top, where the Lindrick has all metal eyelets.

I believe this image might illustrate the more rounded feel for the toe:

[​IMG]
    And this shot illustrates what I'm trying to say about it feeling rounded but a more chiseled feel (at least that's the only way I can describe it). The toe box has a angular feel to the top of it somehow (at least to me):

[​IMG]

I could be wrong and they could be on the same last, in which case I eat my words. I have both and that's just my impression of the differences. If I'm wrong, please someone speak up!