Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Heh, I guess my one word answer may have indicated otherwise, but I'm not sweating it. What's another day or two in the face of 3 months, after all?

2. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

To those in on Harlech Rd 2: I have sent PMs with an update. Please reach out if I neglected to message you.

3. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Thanks, got it.

4. fitzcooper

fitzcooper Well-Known Member

I am interested in a Gianni on dainite. How many pairs do we need? What color are you guys thinking?

5. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

what last is Gianni on?

6. meowmix1891

meowmix1891 Senior member

I'd SOOO be down for a Gianni or a moc-toe boot. I totally forgot about this til now. No luck from C&J? I'd be down for calf too.

7. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

C&J won't do it in cordovan grain. They would only do it in cordovan leather or in scotch grain cow. Does Ryder actually clone boots like that? How does cordovan grain compare to scotch grain? Is scotch grain more water resistant or something?

8. fitzcooper

fitzcooper Well-Known Member

Sorry, I neglected to introduce myself. I am a longtime lurker but never had much of a reason to post anything until now. I guess I prefer to read and learn first.

I would like a relatively dark brown, possibly a slightly reddish brown. I like the one with the red arrow above just from looking at the swatches. I read somewhere that the Gianni is on the 325 last to answer the question posted above. I also read that some guys think it is on some other last so I don't know.

I was going to wait for an RL shell version but actually with the scotch grain and dainite sole this makeup may be better than shell for the type of long wet winter we just had.

Hopefully this picks up steam and we can make it happen. Thank you hoit for the idea and your work so far!

9. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I would like the cordovan version, but I've decided a dainite sole in scotch grain version would be more useful to me with all the rain we have been getting.

10. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

11. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Oh my, haven't been on this thread in awhile, seems all over the place still after the Harleck Whiskey Shell Double Leather freaking awesome boot. The threat is all over boots that can be ordered everyday. Gonna kill me ... but Whiskey LWB Cheviot 335. double leather .. storm weld. hey it's a Different Unusual C&J make up.

12. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Count me in please! I'd be down for a dainite sole. The green and blue samples/arrows look good in the pic above.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  13. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

I'm guessing everyone is aware, but Lauren processed the charges this AM for me.

14. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

15. slowroll

slowroll Active Member

Lauren just emailed me; she put the charge through. :)

slowroll