• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones "Highbury"

water

Reaction score
I posted a question about this model over at askandy right around the time that StyleForum rose from the ashes, so I thought I would give it another go here "at home".

I have established that these are benchgrade but I cannot seem to find them on Pediwear, Plal, C&J UK, or C&J Paris. Does anyone know if they are a discontinued model?

TKDKid

Reaction score
Copying across my post from Ask Andy's...

C&J "Highbury"

It's a little bit more expensive than other C&J regular line shoes - can think of them as regular line plus. Soles are stitched aloft.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it look like the 348 last?

water

Reaction score
I won a pair on ebay recently, which is the reason for my heavy interest.

The description read: "A Classical English Three Eylet, Plain Vamp Derby Made From The Finest Beige Burnished Calf on Their 348 Last"

I found it strange that I could not find any information on the four sites I mentioned in my first post.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i think C&J (and the distributors) are taking their time updating the websites for the 348 last shoes.

water

Reaction score
Here is the picture from the auction:

Attachment 13

I do not know if I have the patience to wait for them to arrive.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What size are those? I almost bid on the UK 9.5E. I finally decided that they would be too big for me, but I really like that shoe.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
What a beautiful last, especially for a RTW shoe.

koji

Isn't it the 348 last? The Hallam is also quite striking on that last.

water

Reaction score
They are indeed 9.5UK, 348 last.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
They are indeed 9.5UK, 348 last.

We almost had a bidding war on our hands! I want to find a pair in a UK9. I wonder where I can find this color?

water

Reaction score
In that case I am very happy you decided not to bid!
smile.gif

I was surprised there were not more bids. I hope the lack of bids is not an omen that these shoes are going to turn out to be rubbish!
smile.gif

HitMan009

Reaction score
This looks like my pair of Dartmouth but on a much more elegant last. It's almost too sexy to wear. Definately would look nice on a slim cut suit or at least slim cut pants.

Absolutely beautiful.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are intensely handsome. Thank the Lord they're not a 2-hole, otherwise I'd be salivating even more. Particularly nice, I think, in the tan...

sysdoc

Reaction score
As I've stated before, C&J's 348 last is as close to the Vass U-last as it gets. C&J only makes Benchgrades on this last, but that is hardly making them bad shoes. In fact, they are SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive than Vass U-last shoes while being just as pretty. C&J has recently started to offer a rather large number of very attractive designs on that last. The Higbury is but one example ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads