• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resource icon

Crockett & Jones Harlech Color 8 Shell 10US

Benjamin Finn

Reaction score
Benjamin Finn submitted a new classified:

Crockett & Jones Harlech Color 8 Shell 10US - Brooks Brothers Harlech iteration in Color 8 Shell

Crockett and Jones Harlech iteration for Brooks Brothers. The sizing runs a tiny bit large, so can fit relatively well as a 10.5 US. The boots are made of color 8 shell cordovan and have been well kept with exclusively saphir medaille d'or products. As they have made it through a few seasons and been sitting lately, they will need some conditioner and a little love. I have two pairs, which is the only reason I am selling them. They have some scratches (which aren’t noticeable unless you...

Read more about this classified...

ypman

Reaction score
Hi, can you confirm if these are a size 9UK? Thanks!

Pastafarius

Reaction score
Original Brooks Brothers listing for the boots pictured in the link. I believe the price shown on the link is heavily discounted, but still, misleading to not mention Peal & Co in the title and not show the Peal & Co logo on the insole in any of the photos. The Crockett and Jones Harlech has a leather sole.

Benjamin Finn

Reaction score
Original Brooks Brothers listing for the boots pictured in the link. I believe the price shown on the link is heavily discounted, but still, misleading to not mention Peal & Co in the title and not show the Peal & Co logo on the insole in any of the photos. The Crockett and Jones Harlech has a leather sole.
I apologize for the confusion. I don’t believe it’s misleading at all. Crockett and Jones make the boots for Peal & Co. The addition of “Brooks Brothers” speaks for itself. Most people genuinely interested would know that Brooks Brothers boots are labeled Peal & Co and have Dainite instead of leather soles. The boots retail for at least triple that before any sales.

Pastafarius

Reaction score
I apologize for the confusion. I don’t believe it’s misleading at all. Crockett and Jones make the boots for Peal & Co. The addition of “Brooks Brothers” speaks for itself. Most people genuinely interested would know that Brooks Brothers boots are labeled Peal & Co and have Dainite instead of leather soles. The boots retail for at least triple that before any sales.
Thanks for clearing that up! It was honestly causing me a lot of confusion trying to find on-feet pictures and other people's comments on fit & sizing.

Benjamin Finn

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up! It was honestly causing me a lot of confusion trying to find on-feet pictures and other people's comments on fit & sizing.
I have more than one pair of them and have to be honest, the sizing can be a bit confusing. Harlech’s run truer to size on the 341 last vs a little larger on the 240. I have a wide 10.5 US foot and fit between a 10 and 10.5 in the 240 last. 10 being just a little too small, which is why I am selling them. I’d rather wear thicker socks and keep the 10.5 pair.

Benjamin Finn

Reaction score
I have more than one pair of them and have to be honest, the sizing can be a bit confusing. Harlech’s run truer to size on the 341 last vs a little larger on the 240. I have a wide 10.5 US foot and fit between a 10 and 10.5 in the 240 last. 10 being just a little too small, which is why I am selling them. I’d rather wear thicker socks and keep the 10.5 pair.
As far as I know, the drastic sale price you see was due to the end of C&J and Brooks Brother’s collaborating. Let m
As far as I know, the drastic sale price you see was due to the end of C&J and Brooks Brother’s collaborating. Let me know if you need to see on-foot pictures etc. I also can point you in the direction of some people on Instagram for reference, too.

Pastafarius

Reaction score
As far as I know, the drastic sale price you see was due to the end of C&J and Brooks Brother’s collaborating. Let m

As far as I know, the drastic sale price you see was due to the end of C&J and Brooks Brother’s collaborating. Let me know if you need to see on-foot pictures etc. I also can point you in the direction of some people on Instagram for reference, too.
Appreciate it! now that I know to google Peal & Co x brooks brothers, I can find lots of photos but I may take you up on those instagram posts, can't hurt. Trying to decide how dressed up they can be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads