• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones: Hallam vs Wesrbourne

Hallam or Westbourne

• a) Hallam

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • b) Westbourne

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • c) Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OTTOKAR

Reaction score
I have been wanting a serious Oxford for a while and now I'm ready to pull the trigger; Hallam or Westbourne or other sharp looking alternatives in the same ballpark I may not be aware of?

I would prefer a little bit of motif in the toecap area instead of the plain-looking cap of the Hallam, but I can't identify any model in the 348 last with such characteristics.

Thanks in advance for your input.

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Im debating whether to pull the trigger on some westbournes in chestnut (if i can find someone who stocks them!) so i voted for them.

Im still fairly new to the brand- is the 348 last the "sleeker" last?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Hallam is a fine shoe, but I think the Westbourne is chestnut is amazing at that price range. I actually have a pair on order from Robert Old that should arrive in a couple of weeks. I definitely vote for that one. The 348 is a bit of a controversial last, but I have a pair of Lowndes that fit me great so I had no doubts about ordering the Westbourne.
Fred

Harrydog

Reaction score

Im debating whether to pull the trigger on some westbournes in chestnut (if i can find someone who stocks them!) so i voted for them.

Im still fairly new to the brand- is the 348 last the "sleeker" last?
Barneys has them. So does Paul Stuart where they call them the Westfield I think. http://www.paulstuart.com/product_i...08&MainCatId=14&HEADERMENUID=1&SUBPRODCATID=0 Kind of confusing on what it says about sizing. If the UK size is listed, you want to order a full size LESS than your US size. I am a US 10.5 and have the Westbourne in a UK 9.5. Plenty of room as it is long last. I agree that C&J antique chestnut is outstanding. I have a balmoral captoe boot in that color. I would go with the Westbourne. I really like the adelaide style.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're both good. Just wish there were more places to try them on.

OTTOKAR

Reaction score
I too am new to Crockett & Jones. In fact if it were not for Style Forum, I probably would have stick to the same stuff.

As for the 348 last, I'm afraid I'm not the right guy who can help here! However, my impression is that it is the sleekest last from Crockett:nodding:

Harrydog

Reaction score
I spoke to Peter Agnati, the shoe manager at PS.; I came away thinking they were C&J. The price point is lower than the Grenson Stuart's Choice. PS also carries G&G.

I believe they have also made use of Cheany.

Last edited:

intfxdx

Reaction score
I bought in the past a couple of CJ shoes, since i owned VASS shoes, i don't return back to CJ, so easy to notice the quality difference. I will try Edward Green soon. But i advice to look for VASS, it doesn't cost too much than CJ and quality is much much better.

OTTOKAR

Reaction score

I bought in the past a couple of CJ shoes, since i owned VASS shoes, i don't return back to CJ, so easy to notice the quality difference. I will try Edward Green soon. But i advice to look for VASS, it doesn't cost too much than CJ and quality is much much better.

Hummm, made me think a bit...
From member Iroch
CrocketandJonesWestbourneIrochSF.jpg

From member Getzione
CrockettandJonesWestbourneGetzioneSF.jpg

From member kolecho
VassoldEnglish.jpg

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Hallam is a fine shoe, but I think the Westbourne is chestnut is amazing at that price range. I actually have a pair on order from Robert Old that should arrive in a couple of weeks. I definitely vote for that one. The 348 is a bit of a controversial last, but I have a pair of Lowndes that fit me great so I had no doubts about ordering the Westbourne.
Fred

Could you let me know if one would get hit with customs when ordering to the US from Robert Old with standard shipping? Which carrier do they use?

clock

Reaction score
the westbourne looks 'sharper' and more elongated because of the neck lining + brouge, though both the hallam and the westbourne are on 348

ManCrush

Reaction score
I would prefer a little bit of motif in the toecap area instead of the plain-looking cap of the Hallam, but I can't identify any model in the 348 last with such characteristics.
Try these...

http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Edgware-Black

They are 348 Last and have a subtle motif on the toe. I have them, and they draw many compliments, but then again, the C & J 348 Last always does so.

Last edited:

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Hallam in black calf but the westbourne in chestnut is a stunning shoe. Looks more hand grade than bench grade

AD15E6A0-FC9D-41AD-9167-CBEAE63C0046.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads