• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

lukas957

Reaction score
Regarding the discussion above - I have just been to to the C&J store and they actually think that the RL tassel is not made on the same last as the Cavendish which would explain the different fit..

In any case the shoes are now with C&J and they are trying to figure out what they can do to improve the fit. Hey had initially suggested that they could "re-last" it on the 325 but I think they now said that this was not possible. I will report back with their proposed solution ..

lukas957

Reaction score
As an update to the above C&J have agreed (without me pushing) to make me the Cavendish in brown cordovan and take the RL model back - while this will take another couple of weeks I have to say that is outstanding customer service from Crockett and Jones Jermeny Street (smaller store).

I wounder what happens to the RL tassels?

also I have asked for a double leather sole which I think will make it look quite like the RL model but I hope this wont ruin the fit.

I will keep everyone posted and thanks for the guidance.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well your old shoe is going to end up as sample sale at certain point then

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many more years until I can get my hands on a pair of gently worn PTB. Been searching for at least 3 or 4 already. The GMTO is going nowhere with not enough interest. =/

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many more years until I can get my hands on a pair of gently worn PTB. Been searching for at least 3 or 4 already. The GMTO is going nowhere with not enough interest. =/

If you really want it you might just have to go single MTO. Better than to wait indefinitely, IMO. I am considering the same for a burgundy shell lindrick

eta: I really like the C&J PTB pattern myself but I’m not sure it’s unique enough for there ever to be 12 people for a GMTO

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming up this fall on the 10-year anniversary of @NAMOR starting this thread.

My Marlow SWBs. Just such an amazing pair of shoes.

9099DC34-133F-4654-B81F-75936BB337CD.jpeg

AHS

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hasn't seen @NAMOR posting for a long time now come to think about it

I think he's alive and well (Reselling most of the best shoes off of The Real Real on Ebay.)
User name there is Lasted Leather.

I’d love to see “then and now” photos from @NAMOR and the others who contributed so much on this thread over the years of their Marlows, Limdricks, etc. Are you still wearing them? Are they part of the rotation?

AHS

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming up this fall on the 10-year anniversary of @NAMOR starting this thread.

My Marlow SWBs. Just such an amazing pair of shoes.

View attachment 1644271

AHS
Looking great!

My WFH lifestyle has not lent itself from pulling out the dress shoes. I've got business travel in September and maybe I'll take a pair from the rotation.

I looked up my first post in this thread and I got these about 7years ago. Man, time flies. One day I'll go back to the office, lol.

Reactions: AHS

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the spam but figured this is the most direct way to reach the desired audience. I'm moving a number of things to storage and have made the difficult realization that my RL shell cordovan boots are probably better off in someone else's home. I have a pair of Giffords (3 eyelet chukkas) and a pair of Garrans (sort of like a chukka jodhpur hybrid). Both are size 10 (edit: 10D US) and BNIB. No shopwear and in mint condition.

If you are a size 10 and looking to buy these boots, this is a golden opportunity. Please PM me if interested. I can send pictures, etc.

rl_Garran.jpg

rl_gifford.jpg

Last edited:

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
Apologies for the spam but figured this is the most direct way to reach the desired audience. I'm moving a number of things to storage and have made the difficult realization that my RL shell cordovan boots are probably better off in someone else's home. I have a pair of Giffords (3 eyelet chukkas) and a pair of Garrans (sort of like a chukka jodhpur hybrid). Both are size 10 and BNIB. No shopwear and in mint condition.

If you are a size 10 and looking to buy these boots, this is a golden opportunity. Please PM me if interested. I can send pictures, etc.

View attachment 1654259
View attachment 1654260

Are these 10US or 10 UK

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Does anyone know what last the Gifford was made on? Any help much appreciated as I try to figure out my sizing.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know what last the Gifford was made on? Any help much appreciated as I try to figure out my sizing.
Who knows for certain , but I’m pretty sure they’re 325.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads