• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

lukas957

Reaction score
hm not sure - its almost not as much the heel but the sides behind the tassels ..

1604500609581.png

Attachments

• 1604500605275.png
    1604500605275.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 82

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see, one thing I forgot is things are usually a bit trickery with shell, it's never quite same size has been my experience (but the difference is usually less than 0.5 size, so most of the time stick with same size works)

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
hm not sure - its almost not as much the heel but the sides behind the tassels ..

View attachment 1490438

I never made these work which is shame since I love these shoes. I took a 10.5 and it was way too big and lots of heel slippage. Took the 10 and was a bit small in the toe box and hurt my pinky but kept it in the hope it would stretch. After 5 to 7 wears it did not and just sold them.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score

View attachment 1490438
I have the RL cordovan version made by CJ. It is not on the 325 last, and is narrower in the toe box and larger in the heel. I wouldn't buy those again. I have two other pairs of CJ cavendish on the 325 in cordovan and 4 others in calf (two suede and two calf) on the 325 and all fit perfectly. Unfortunately, the RL version doesn't fit as well in my opinion. I wear it, but it is loose in the heel and tight in the toe box.

lukas957

Reaction score
When I order the shoe I initially asked for the Cavendish in cordovan but instead of the burgundy in brown and with a double leather soul (I told them "like the RL") and they told me that was a Cavendish.

The store manager also assured me that they were "the same" when I picked the new ones up.

Could it have to do with the double leather sole ?

When stores re-open I will try the stock Cavendish burgundy cordovan to compare.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What view do you want? Ask CJ they will tell you what it means

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure if anyone has a view on the CJ codes inside the shoes:

I've no idea what the codes mean.

However, I had a look at the lining of my C&J for RL Polo shell cordovan tassel loafers. The writing on the lining says:
ALM46124 10D
1128664 / 41053

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Saphir dark brown cordovan cream on their RL shell? In addition to the usual dryness my pairs have a bit of discoloration due to heel and toe bumps which isn't the usual attractive patina look, and I was hoping to even out the tone. Will this Saphir product be a good match or should I stick to the neutral cordovan cream?

lukas957

Reaction score
Regarding the discussion above - I have just been to to the C&J store and they actually think that the RL tassel is not made on the same last as the Cavendish which would explain the different fit..

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know Bodiley carry 72 last but I have no idea what else is on 302 last

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Saphir dark brown cordovan cream on their RL shell? In addition to the usual dryness my pairs have a bit of discoloration due to heel and toe bumps which isn't the usual attractive patina look, and I was hoping to even out the tone. Will this Saphir product be a good match or should I stick to the neutral cordovan cream?
I don't recall having any issue with the dark brown cordovan cream on my RL shell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads