• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have gone topy on several shoes and I like the practicality of it - but I have mixed feelings when the Topy goes over a virgin sole (even though that's when you should do it). So a few of my shoes have toe wear even before the Topy goes on and then you get a pinched look at the front which gives the shoes a prematurely aged look.

Last edited:

ellsbebc

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase cordovan shoe cream for my Marlow’s and Gianni’s. Should I grab the Saphir dark brown or neutral?

Chowkin

Reaction score
I have gone topy on several shoes and I like the practicality of it - but I have mixed feelings when the Topy goes over a virgin sole (even though that's when you should do it). So a few of my shoes have toe wear even before the Topy goes on and then you get a pinched look at the front which gives the shoes a prematurely aged look.

You can ask your cobbler to add a very thin piece of leather at the worn down area before putting on the Topy

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase cordovan shoe cream for my Marlow’s and Gianni’s. Should I grab the Saphir dark brown or neutral?

Saphir makes a cordovan specific cream. Their marketing claims that it is better for cordovan. I have that in dark brown but usually just apply Saphir reno and maybe apply the brown once a year or if I get a scratch.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread does need some pics. I have the Marlow / Dalton from 2011-2012ish, all picked up in RL sales. The three sets I bought were penny loafers, wingtips, and boots. They probably need some love before posting pictures as they have not been worn in a while. The loafers, once broken in, have been my go-to summer shoe and have significant sole wear. The boots got toppied right out of the box so they have almost no wear. The wingtips are somewhere in the middle.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I've always wanted a pair of Gianni ... I have some similarly styled special order boots ... but I sitll think about these -- like a woman you almost dated and still think about years later. Anyway, that's the good and bad sign of something that haunts you. I missed a pair here on SF a few years go and now there's one on the 'Bay (not sure sizing is right for me), but the price is about $850. Curious what you guys think about pricing on (very gently) used Gianni boots. Seems high.
If you’re still interested, there’s a GMTO proposal for these (Galway II) on the C&J GMTO thread and spreadsheet:
Reach out to @fernando526 with any questions, but I know he is keen to get this off the ground...

fernando526

Reaction score
If you’re still interested, there’s a GMTO proposal for these (Galway II) on the C&J GMTO thread and spreadsheet:
Reach out to @fernando526 with any questions, but I know he is keen to get this off the ground...

Yes! Unfortunately, Jonathan Jones himself shut down the idea of bringing back the Gianni as it was an outdated design and insisted on using Galway style instead. Apart from the taller boot shaft (and the extra pair of eyelets), the boots are identical!

lukas957

Reaction score
hi everyone - I cant seem to find the RL marlow models any more - I see some limited sizes for the tassel in the us online store but nothing in Europe. I haven't seen them in the London flagship either? will those ever be restocked?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi everyone - I cant seem to find the RL marlow models any more - I see some limited sizes for the tassel in the us online store but nothing in Europe. I haven't seen them in the London flagship either? will those ever be restocked?

that’s because RL is no longer carrying that line. You might be able to find some NOS But it would be via a third party.

lukas957

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply - why was it discontinued ? (if you look closely even in the suits for the latest/current season on the website the models seem to be wearing the the marlow tassel etc.)

If I ask CC to make a Cavendish / Pembroke in brown cordovan with a double leather soul would those be the same as the RL marlow line?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply - why was it discontinued ? (if you look closely even in the suits for the latest/current season on the website the models seem to be wearing the the marlow tassel etc.)

If I ask CC to make a Cavendish / Pembroke in brown cordovan with a double leather soul would those be the same as the RL marlow line?

it’s pretty much the same shoe. Brooks Brothers carried it too as part of their Peal line. I have that version in brown cordovan.

As for RL, they change their lineup to reflect their stylistic direction I suppose. It’s not uncommon with a label like that.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
When we did a GMTO of a whiskey Marlow (aka the Warlow) they arrived in boxes marked Pembroke.

andiandi

Reaction score
Hey guys! Is anyone Interested in swapping any Pair of RL Marlows/Lindricks in size 12 D or E for my Size 11,5E Lindrick Boots?

Phoenician

Reaction score
Hey guys! Is anyone Interested in swapping any Pair of RL Marlows/Lindricks in size 12 D or E for my Size 11,5E Lindrick Boots?
If you don’t get a swap, I may be interested in purchasing your Lindricks if you’d consider it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads