• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Returning a pair of 10s and 11s tomorrow afternoon in marlow wingtips. edit:returned. They have only been tried on on carpet and are not creased.

Last edited:

LeJouvre

Reaction score
I'll take one pair if you don't mind Steve.

What was the problem with these shoes? Both of them a bad fit? Man, that is just plain bad luck.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

She didn't get to finish her sentence - she meant to say: "I thought I saw them at Aldo's..... on the feet of an unspeakably debonair man who walked in by accident"
Feeling better now? :)

Thanks Gerry for your kind words :D... seriously though, our discussion went further as she was genuinely interested where to buy 'em for her boyfriend..so i pointed her to RL website/store. She was very courteous asking about the price. Note that I was very uncomfortable, as I don't want to appear snobby or being a douche, so I said it was over $350..and she was like "Really?" ..After that I just excuse myself and walk away....

Last edited:

LeJouvre

Reaction score
Reading through this I am beginning to wonder about the size of my own Marlows now.

I am a 10D in the Barrie Last. a 9F G&G, 9.5/10F in EG 888 and I have previously owned 10D Marlow wing tips which I always thought were a great fit, a tad too long by about a bee's dick, but still a great fit.

After I received my new Marlows I sold my old 10D Marlows, which fitted just fine. Both size 10D

I have worn my new Marlows for two days now and I could swear they seem bigger than my old pair of 10Ds. Maybe the older cordovan stretched less? Maybe they were really an incorrectly marked 9/5 D, who knows, but these new 10Ds definitely feel slightly bigger after a few days of wear.

Now that the leather has stretched a little, my foot slides forward just a bee's dick but far enough for me to get that "too big" feeling.

While it was still brand new it was tight enough to prevent this movement.

Very strange.

10D Barrie last and 10D Marlow was what I always thought was right. I went back and tried on all my Barrie 10Ds again, just to check and, no, they are all a perfect fit.

Maybe it is my imagination after reading all these posts about sizing down 1/2 size, but my new Marlows definitely feel too long, but my old ones always felt perfect.

Does anyone know what I might be missing here?

**** **** **** **** ****!!!

After all that trouble getting these Marlows at such a great price, and now the darned things might turn out too big!

A-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-argh!!!

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reading through this I am beginning to wonder about the size of my own Marlows now.

I am a 10D in the Barrie Last. a 9F G&G, 9.5/10F in EG 888 and I have previously owned 10D Marlow wing tips which I always thought were a great fit, a tad too long by about a bee's dick, but still a great fit.

After I received my new Marlows I sold my old 10D Marlows, which fitted just fine. Both size 10D

I have worn my new Marlows for two days now and I could swear they seem bigger than my old pair of 10Ds. Maybe the older cordovan stretched less? Maybe they were really an incorrectly marked 9/5 D, who knows, but these new 10Ds definitely feel slightly bigger after a few days of wear.

Now that the leather has stretched a little, my foot slides forward just a bee's dick but far enough for me to get that "too big" feeling.

While it was still brand new it was tight enough to prevent this movement.

Very strange.

10D Barrie last and 10D Marlow was what I always thought was right. I went back and tried on all my Barrie 10Ds again, just to check and, no, they are all a perfect fit.

Maybe it is my imagination after reading all these posts about sizing down 1/2 size, but my new Marlows definitely feel too long, but my old ones always felt perfect.

Does anyone know what I might be missing here?

**** **** **** **** ****!!!

After all that trouble getting these Marlows at such a great price, and now the darned things might turn out too big!

A-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-argh!!!

Maybe the Marlow wingtips you got this time isn't made by Crockett & Jones :stirpot:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

...great looking Marlows gents..courtesy of Ralphie....I was wearing my wingtips over the weekend at a restaurant for a graduation party. Nice lady approached me and offered a few compliments :bigstar:...and then "I thought I saw them at Aldo's....." :eh: WTF
My wife was laughing so hard.....

LOL. My mother-in-law said something like that to me when I was wearing some Purple Label Dellers.
Similar wifely reaction later.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading through this I am beginning to wonder about the size of my own Marlows now...
...A-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-argh!!!
The Good thing is that there are a variety of measures you can take with a slightly large pair of shoes, thin insole, tongue pads, etc.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody owned the Marlow Penny Loafer for six months to a year here? Mine are being very tough to break-in. They are pretty tight still after about 7-8 wears. I could go up a size but don't want that sloppy loafer shifting you normally get years on down the road. My PTB's and Wings fit well, with the Wingtip being the best and most roomy. I did size down 1/2 on all but this damn Penny seems too tight, maybe miss marked size, who knows. I did go down an additional size in the Tassel as the 9 was way too much heel slippage. So ... I have net net, 9 US on all but the Tassel, I won't start the breaking on those till I get the Penny right. I personally believe these are all on different lasts. Anyone else struggle with the Penny? Suggestions?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anybody owned the Marlow Penny Loafer for six months to a year here?  Mine are being very tough to break-in.  They are pretty tight still after about 7-8 wears.  I could go up a size but don't want that sloppy loafer shifting you normally get years on down the road.  My PTB's and Wings fit well, with the Wingtip being the best and most roomy.  I did size down 1/2 on all but this damn Penny seems too tight, maybe miss marked size, who knows.  I did go down an additional size in the Tassel as the 9 was way too much heel slippage.  So ... I have net net, 9 US on all but the Tassel, I won't start the breaking on those till I get the Penny right.  I personally believe these are all on different lasts.  Anyone else struggle with the Penny?  Suggestions?

i sized down and it was too tight. then i tried on a tts pair and it felt like a breath of fresh air. my feet felt relieved with a 12D, sold the 11.5D pair shortly thereafter

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads