1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

I have both. I had the Darltons first, then I bought the Lindricks. I honestly thought I would wear the Lindricks more frequently, but in fact I much prefer the Darltons. The boots have a certain "cool" factor, but in practice there are few circumstances where I want a dress shoe that I don't prefer the Darlton over the Lindrick, and also few circumstances where I specifically want a boot that I don't prefer something more casual or rugged over the Lindrick. I only wear the Lindricks when I am about the put on the Darltons and start feeling guilty about the Lindricks sitting in the closet gathering dust (not literally of course).

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Bucksfan, for as big a shell fanatic as you are, I cannot believe there is any debate here - you need to get both!!

3. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Thank you for the honest analysis.

LOL I knew someone would say this - in fact, I just ordered Alden shell Chukkas and got new AE PTBs, will probably get something else before Christmas. I'm planning to get a pair of Alden cigar NST boots sometime soon.... getting the Lindrick would stop me from doing that (and I already have the AE Dalton in walnut shell, which is just a shade lighter than these).

4. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

Just ordered my Lindricks! :nodding:

5. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I am in the lindrick camp. I had some heel slippage with the darltons so I returned them. The lindricks don't have that issue because you can tie them up a bit higher. So much more comfortable to me. I've been wearing these regularly for the last year.

6. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

anyone find aldens to be more comfortable then the marlows?

7. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Depends on the shoe and the wearer. I have some Aldens I'd consider more comfortable than the Darlton/Marlow and some I'd consider less (all else being equal - double leather soles, bluchers, etc.).

8. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

I do, but I chalked that up to the double leather sole. That thing is pretty hard to break in (still stiff after about 6 months).

9. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Just ordered the Marlow wingtips. My first shells! :slayer: Went through Robert in the RRL thread at the Chicago store. Everything was quick and easy. I HIGHLY recommend going to him in the future. I'm pumped to break in these bad boys.

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Agreed. We should definitely order through him rather than some random customer service rep.

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Depends on the width of your foot. 10.5d is almost perfect for me in the 325 with a bit of toe pinching torwards the end of the day while Aldens are perfect widthwise but a little long

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

When did the private sale start? I never received my notification in the mail...

If I am a 9.5D in the Lindrick, PTB, Marlow Wingtip and Loafer what size would I need in the Tassel? The 9.5 Lindrick is a bit long on me, but 9D in the others felt a bit too snug.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ today. Call them for a code

14. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

just ordered my wingtip marlows :slayer:

15. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

I wear 8.5 UK in 360 lasted C&Js
    8.5 UK in Carmina Robert last
    9 D in EG 82 last

Would I be a 9.5 in the C&J wingtip Marlows?

16. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Beautiful rug. Must've cost a fortune.

1 person likes this.
  17. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

When I bring up the 30% off site the Marlows are not included. Something I am doing wrong? Strong need for some Lindricks.. damn

18. Patek

Patek Senior member

Get ahold of Robert at the Chicago store. He hangs around in the RRL thread and hooked me up with a pair of Lindricks. :slayer: $600 and change.

19. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

+1 he just ordered my marlows for me today

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Or call customer service and get a code