1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

@StevenT

I thought I saw you at the no-purchase club meeting? :)

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Paid for them before the 5th, actually been ok after the 5th I think, need to check dates for a few shoe purchases but think I'm still good for now

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ youve never been good. thats not possible on SF

4. bellyhungry

I keep on getting this error message when I click on the 'quote' button. What is going on? :fu:

'There was a problem submitting this to the server. Please try again.'

5. betep

betep Well-Known Member

I got my Marlows this spring for 30% off plus an additional 15% off, which amounted to around $526 after tax. I got them 1 size too large, returned them with an exchange form for the correct size. RL refunds the money and then charges you once the replacements are sent out, and weren't able to do that particular sale again (30% off, additional 15% after that), so they just did 45% total, which was around $475 or so after tax, shipped

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

That's awesome. I tried them again today in 9.5 at another store and the SA told me they were 20% off right now. Definitely interesting, 2 different locations, 2 different results. Where's the 3rd RL store for the win?

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Dammit shit fuck

8. bellyhungry

Looking to get a pair of the McMurray LWB during the 40 + 15% off sales. Can't wait :bounce2:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

im diggin the black Lindrick. however wouldnt pay more than $500

10. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

11. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

No, that photo is a photoshop of the black, the other pic is instead cordovan.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

??

Pretty sure there was a cordovan pic (plus color saying dark brown cordovan) recently. May be photoshop but that looks like calf. Either way happy I got my shell pair now

13. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

I dont mean to hijack this thread at all, but I wanted to ask here becasue so many of you are very knowledgable about Ralph Laurens shoe offering.

Any idea who makes the Made in italy Fullwell Boot? http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...&cp=1760781.1898623&view=99&parentPage=family

At half off would this even be close to a worthwhile purchase in terms of value and quality? I know sometimes RL marks up their stuff a ton.

Thanks

14. mfadam

mfadam Senior member

Figured this thread may have answers - Do they make the marlow loafer in C width or narrow? RL online would suggest NO.

Also, I have a pair of McCallums that are NOS RL Chukkas made by C&J. My feet are between a C and D width typically. I'm curious if these shell chukkas likely will have excess wrinkling problems given that my foot is a bit narrow for the last?

Thanks for any thoughts....

15. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

Don't know about the C width, but I own an older pair of Marlow loafers in E width, so they didn't always only come in D.

If the McCallums are 10 or 10.5, then yes, they will have terrible problems. Sell them to me! :D

16. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Hi Gents,
    Just a quick size question. I am a UK7.5E in c&j Bradford cordovan. What size will I be in Marlows ?I think UK E is like US D.
    thanks.

17. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Does anybody know what last the McCallum is on? I use the Marlow Shortwing 9.5D as well as the PTB 9.5D. I tried sizing down one to 9D as recommended but they were too tight with the somewhat narrow toe box. I wear the 9D in the Marlow Penny as I like a very tight loafer to begin with as they do stretch over time. Would the 9.5D McCallum work for me? My guess is the toe box is along the lines of the Marlow PTB or Shortwing. Better looking than the Barrie last but a little dicey fit wise.

18. mfadam

mfadam Senior member

I'm not sure of the McCallum last, but the fit is pretty generous. The instep is fairly high and the toe box is not tight as it goes....

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

20. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Will the Marlows get a bit lighter over time?

I notice new they look pretty dark, like an espresso color:

But some images I've found online, they look a bit lighter (which I prefer):

[​IMG]