1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

are the black fleece's alden? is that shell or calf? i like :)

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yup BBBF is in shell, last pair in my size in all stores! New calf ones are C&J but I wanted to get shell.

3. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

those #4 boots are amazing.

4. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

If those BBBF are in any other color other than black, I would be all over them with the current F&F 25% off sales.

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

They have them in scotch grain black and scotch grain tan/whisky. They aren't shell though

6. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Got a link to them?

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Not online its from a while ago. Made by Alden, standard LWB design with locker loop at back. Think they are grant last as well but can't say for sure.

8. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

9. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

this looks great. is your right shoe tied a little tighter than your left? i have that same "issue."

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  10. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Senior member

11. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Returning a pair of 10s and 11s tomorrow afternoon in marlow wingtips. edit:returned. They have only been tried on on carpet and are not creased.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  13. LeJouvre

LeJouvre Senior member

Florida, USA ; New zealand; Hong Kong; Singapore
    I'll take one pair if you don't mind Steve.

What was the problem with these shoes? Both of them a bad fit? Man, that is just plain bad luck.

14. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

Thanks Gerry for your kind words :D... seriously though, our discussion went further as she was genuinely interested where to buy 'em for her boyfriend..so i pointed her to RL website/store. She was very courteous asking about the price. Note that I was very uncomfortable, as I don't want to appear snobby or being a douche, so I said it was over $350..and she was like "Really?" ..After that I just excuse myself and walk away....

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

A friend was admiring my shell tassels (Alden for Brooks Brothers) and asked if they were expensive so I just said yeah and moved on.

16. LeJouvre

LeJouvre Senior member

Florida, USA ; New zealand; Hong Kong; Singapore
    Reading through this I am beginning to wonder about the size of my own Marlows now.

I am a 10D in the Barrie Last. a 9F G&G, 9.5/10F in EG 888 and I have previously owned 10D Marlow wing tips which I always thought were a great fit, a tad too long by about a bee's dick, but still a great fit.

After I received my new Marlows I sold my old 10D Marlows, which fitted just fine. Both size 10D

I have worn my new Marlows for two days now and I could swear they seem bigger than my old pair of 10Ds. Maybe the older cordovan stretched less? Maybe they were really an incorrectly marked 9/5 D, who knows, but these new 10Ds definitely feel slightly bigger after a few days of wear.

Now that the leather has stretched a little, my foot slides forward just a bee's dick but far enough for me to get that "too big" feeling.

While it was still brand new it was tight enough to prevent this movement.

Very strange.

10D Barrie last and 10D Marlow was what I always thought was right. I went back and tried on all my Barrie 10Ds again, just to check and, no, they are all a perfect fit.

Maybe it is my imagination after reading all these posts about sizing down 1/2 size, but my new Marlows definitely feel too long, but my old ones always felt perfect.

Does anyone know what I might be missing here?

Shit shit shit shit shit!!!

After all that trouble getting these Marlows at such a great price, and now the darned things might turn out too big!

A-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-argh!!!

17. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Maybe the Marlow wingtips you got this time isn't made by Crockett & Jones :stirpot:

1 person likes this.
  18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

LOL. My mother-in-law said something like that to me when I was wearing some Purple Label Dellers.
    Similar wifely reaction later.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  19. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Marlow penny loafers:

[​IMG]

The Mac shot:

[​IMG]

20. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

what a beauty