• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in fact I think the tongue stitch on my C&J for BB boots might have come broken. I never even knew it was there until I broke the one on my Lindrick and I got curious to see if something similar was there on the BB boot. it looked snapped but I don't remember me breaking anything.

anyways, how about this pebble grain version of the PTB

g.michael

Reaction score
RLP1.jpg

Darlton pennies. Time for some more Reno but these are looking pretty darn good if I say so myself. 14 months old and working out very well--would be perfect if 1/4 inch longer.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys wear the penny loafers ? I dont like to wear loafers in the winters but shell loafers with double sole seems too heavy for the summers.

Your thoughts

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ime, loafers look great with slim trousers (leg opening less than 8") with little to no break. Otherwise they can get swallowed up by the pant and look sloppy. These shell loafers look great with flannels. I own several pairs of brown and also gray flannels and I usually reach for the pennies when I wear either. What I wore yesterday:

hgrich01

Reaction score
I know this is the RL Cordovan thread, but perhaps someone could answer a question regarding the RL Sanderson wingtip. I recently purchased the burnished brown colorway and wore them for the first time the other day. However, they caused a pain on the outer edge of my foot (basically the outside of my pinkie toe). I don't have a wide foot and all other brands that I have worn have been a D width. I'm not sure if these are built on a narrow last or what. My question is, if any of you have experience with this shoe, whether I can expect the shoe to break in further on the outer edge? Thanks.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sanderson is the same as Allen Edmonds Williams they are built on AE's 2 last which runs a little narrower and longer than AE's other lasts.

link

they might stretch out a little, but if it's "really" painful now then I suspect it will get to a real comfortable point even after you break it in.

Last edited:

Marshall Anthony

Reaction score
Just received my shell belt I commissioned from David of DC Lewis, a great compliment to the tassels for casual wear.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats my dream set for the spring :slayer:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sold the ptb :violin:

never was able to incorporate it into my wardrobe

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
twas a pleasure: Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher some more Appreciation:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads