Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Misterg12

Misterg12 Senior member

2. concealed

concealed Senior member

the trousers on the other hand... ;)

3. Misterg12

Misterg12 Senior member

I like the boots so much I even wear them with my PJ's :)

4. aero25

aero25 Senior member

For you guys with the Marlow PTB or Wingtips, what is the fit like? I got turned around with some of the posts I've seen about them. It looks like these are sized with US sizing, correct? Is the last that C&J used generous and require sizing down from brannok in similar fashion as AE 65 or a few of those from Alden (i.e. 12 brannok, wear 11.5)? Thanks!

5. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I went TTS on the Marlow WT, however, I went .5 down on the PTB. I'm pretty sure they are both on the same last (325?). Both of these were sold by us retailers and marked in US sizing.

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I sized down from Brannock and it is a snug fit, which I prefer.

7. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

A ton of discussion on sizing throughout the years in this thread which I spent a lot of time reading before I recently picked up a pair of Marlow WTs on eBay after selling my GMTO Marlows on 325 last (was a mistake, shouldn't of sold them).

I am a perfect 8UK on the 325 last from crockett (Pembroke)
    Brannock is a wide-ish 9D (probably more like a 9E)
    8.5D Barrie fits but is slightly snug, 8.5E also fits a little looser. Prefer the fit of the 8.5D but can actually do both.

There is a chart that was posted here earlier for all the different shoes from RL, basically saying if your foot is on the wide side, go TTS on the Marlow WT, if your foot is on the narrow side, go 1/2 down.

The RL Marlow WT is definitely on a slightly longer and narrower version of the 325 last, in my opinion. Perhaps a UK D width.

I went TTS (9D/8.5UK), which fits perfectly.Both arch to heel length and arch/heel width are perfect. There is maybe a tad of excess space in the toe and instep, but that is the nature of the Marlow (long and narrow). Compared to 975's in 8.5D the 9D Marlows are actually shorter. I would have died in a 8.5D.

My advice would be if you have a normal or wide-ish foot, go TTS. If you have a low-volume or narrow foot, size down 1/2.

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

IMG_9347.JPG It's been a while but I think they're getting more and more comfortable.

9. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Very nice. They are one of my favorites that I own for sure.

10. katch

katch Senior member

I love that moment when I put on a pair of shoes that I anticipate not being super comfy and they are