• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Marlows.
20017-05-06-marlows.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They're standard brown. Just old.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Buy some brown shell marlows let them age to a nice shade of ravello, zippy. Pretty good IMO.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Buy some brown shell marlows let them age to a nice shade of ravello, zippy. Pretty good IMO.

This is the reason I'm never too upset with the shade of the cordovan on delivery. They will change so much over the course of their life (and mine) that I can appreciate it at various stages. Shell certainly is special for this reason

Skelnik

Reaction score
This is the reason I'm never too upset with the shade of the cordovan on delivery. They will change so much over the course of their life (and mine) that I can appreciate it at various stages. Shell certainly is special for this reason

So true

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just scored a NOS C&J for RL. It's a model that's over ten years old! Pics at 11.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the shoe I found (not my pic). Anybody remember what the model name is?

111690.jpg

Reactions: AHS

pumplcrs

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It looks like you may be able to get the Marlows from London flagship for 523 pounds (VAT excluded) if they ship outside of Europe. About $690US not including shipping. I think they're 630 pounds including VAT for a few more days only.
Have you seen the RL marlow PTB in the London store?
I am planning to visit there in next month.

pumplcrs

Reaction score
They quoted me £50 for shipping! Guess that would be about $750 total. All in all that's not bad especially if the sizing works out.
How do you contact the London store?
I'd like to check that my size still left in stock.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't recall the PTB, but it might have been there. They had a few C&J-made models there, including the chelsea boot.

ldzclassic

Reaction score
Hello All:

Recently purchased a pair of Crockett and Jones for Ralph Lauren polo boots off of ebay size 9.5D US and they seem to run very small (and narrow). I reached out to the seller who noted that the boots were tts and vintage Ralph Lauren boots made on the 211 last and that the last is no longer used by Crockett and Jones (checked C&J website and did not see the last). I own several pairs of C&J boots, all size 9.5D US, including the Coniston 325 last and BB Peal Cordovan 240 last. Does anyone have any experience with the C&J 211 last or any additional insight into other Ralph Lauren C&J boots/shoes that use this last?

Pics are attached. Thanks all for your help!!

s-l500.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All:

Recently purchased a pair of Crockett and Jones for Ralph Lauren polo boots off of ebay size 9.5 and they seem to run very small (and narrow). I reached out to the seller who noted that the boots were tts and vintage Ralph Lauren boots made on the 211 last and that the last is no longer used by Crockett and Jones (checked C&J website and did not see the last). I own several pairs of C&J boots, all size 9.5 D, including the Coniston 325 last and BB Peal Cordovan 240 last. Does anyone have any experience with the C&J 211 last or any additional insight into other Ralph Lauren C&J boots/shoes that use this last?

Pics are attached. Thanks all for your help!!

View attachment 790541

View attachment 790543

View attachment 790544

Do you usually wear 9.5UK or 9.5US? If you wear 9..5UK, then you would likely need a 10.5US in RL Polo C&J.

That said, C&J does have some very narrow last, including for their Peal shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads