1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

What store? I would assume the Ralph Lauren store in London, but their UK website doesn't list the Marlows.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Their London flagship has it.

3. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

Thanks for the tip!

4. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

5. Webbo

Webbo Senior member

Today they where £630 a pair including VAT!!

6. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

Do you know if they are they labeled in US or UK sizing or both?

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

UK sizing.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  8. Webbo

Webbo Senior member

I can throw a little light on the matter, but also muddy the waters. The sizes are indeed listed on the box as US, U.K. and European. However I am now a touch confused as today I bought a pair, I am a bang on U.K. Size 10 in the Pembroke and other C&J shoes on the 325 last but for these I had to go with the one labeled US10.5, UK 9.5. The US 11, UK 10 I tried on were too big, not just in Length too but in Width also. These are labeled as an E width, I think this means US E width not U.K. E. These even on the U.K. 9.5 are wider than my Pembroke UK10 E width.

In conclusion my firm view is that the Marlow Wingtip from RL is definitely 0.5 UK size bigger than the U.K. size shown on the box, so a U.K. 10 RL Marlow designation is actually a U.K. Size 10.5 when compared to other U.K. C&J 325 lasted shoes. Also I believe that the marking of E width on the box corresponds to a U.K. F width, again comparing to the Pembroke etc. maybe they are a true US E fitting.

I tried on the larger and smaller sizes in the shop and they all fell into this sizing model. Funnily enough my other C&J U.K. purchased 325 shoes on a size 10 UK with a designated E width are all just a touch tight so these I Marlows I have now are actually perfect with the little bit of extra width.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

^ Thank you for the information.

I hope there is an adoption of some kind of international sizing in the near future. With the global interconnectivity of markets these days this seems glaringly antiquated.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Very helpful. Do they have an email, or does one have to call? Assume they will ship internationally?

11. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have got the same clue than you. I have bought my Marlow in France and it is a 8US E/ 7UK. Actually it size like a 7.5UK to me but roomy enough ( size usualy 8UK E with C&J 325 last).
    Compared to my Lindrick on 8UK E (C&J GMTO), it looks the same lenght but with a larger fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

I posted the same conclusion in this thread many times in the past.
    RL shoes (every maker) sold outside USA are only and always US sized and in a wider width (US E for C&J, AE, Rancourt etc. or UK E for EG and G&G, both IIRC uk sized)

I can confirm that C&J RL shoes in US E feels slightly wider than UK E counterpart.
    Talking of the cordovan models seems that US D is a UKD+, and the US E is a UKEx/F

The problem is that the conversion isn't clear at all, even in lenght sizing
    I have the C&J Penny 314 last in UK 8.5E and the Marlow penny in US 9.5E,
    The marlow penny is slightly longer and wider at the heels, oddly feeling like a UK 8.75 EX/F

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017 at 5:20 AM