• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wearing of the Marlows today. Need to give them a good brushing after work to get some more shine on them.
Congrats!

I went with them today as well:

bucksfan

Reaction score
Marlow Wednesday for me too!

mistercitizen

Reaction score
I received a pair of the Marlow PTB's this past Saturday. They were advertised as new, and were in fact "new old stock" I would say. They have the older "Polo by Ralph Lauren" branding on them, and the brown shell is a lighter shade compared to my brand new Marlow wingtips which came directly from Ralph Lauren a few weeks ago. I got the PTB's in size 11.5D. The wingtips I took an 11D. The PTB's fit a little more comfortably than the wingtips. The length of the PTB's in size 11.5D fits me a bit better than the length of the wingtips in size 11D. My toes do not feel crampt at all in the PTB's. They feel very similar to my Alden Barrie last PTB's in size 11D, although visually they look a bit different than the Aldens. The toe is a bit pointier..... and "sleeker" last as I've heard many others say. The PTB's feel pretty much perfect except for the instep, which is roomy (as usual) on me. I don't thing that I will need tongue pads on these like I do with the Marlow wingtips, but it's close. I fight this problem with every pair of shoe I own it seems. I even got a two way shoe stretcher yesterday in the mail to use to stretch out the toe box of my Marlow wingtips and the stretcher was too big in the instep area. I ordered the large size which corresponds to sizes 11.5 to 13 according to the manufacturer of the stretcher, and it was huge. I'm sending it back and asking for the next size down (a medium) which corresponds to sizes 9 to 11. I tried to put the large in my shoe and I could quickly see that the instep area and the vamp would be stretched too much if I tried to tighten it up. I don't need that area of the shoe stretched...... I am more interested in stretched the width and height at the toe box.

Anyway, my low instep causes me some issues, but I generally find a decent fit in most shoes somehow. These Marlow PTB's are very comfortable and the lighter shade of brown compared to my chocolate brown colored Marlow wingtips is a nice change of pace and adds some variety to my shoe collection.

Ben

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see the Black Marlow Tassel web site says Cordovan but my understanding is these have alway been calf.. so why the $850.00?

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I received a pair of the Marlow PTB's this past Saturday.  They were advertised as new, and were in fact "new old stock" I would say.  They have the older "Polo by Ralph Lauren" branding on them, and the brown shell is a lighter shade compared to my brand new Marlow wingtips which came directly from Ralph Lauren a few weeks ago.  I got the PTB's in size 11.5D.  The wingtips I took an 11D.  The PTB's fit a little more comfortably than the wingtips.  The length of the PTB's in size 11.5D fits me a bit better than the length of the wingtips in size 11D.  My toes do not feel crampt at all in the PTB's.  They feel very similar to my Alden Barrie last PTB's in size 11D, although visually they look a bit different than the Aldens.  The toe is a bit pointier..... and "sleeker" last as I've heard many others say.  The PTB's feel pretty much perfect except for the instep, which is roomy (as usual) on me.  I don't thing that I will need tongue pads on these like I do with the Marlow wingtips, but it's close.  I fight this problem with every pair of shoe I own it seems.  I even got a two way shoe stretcher yesterday in the mail to use to stretch out the toe box of my Marlow wingtips and the stretcher was too big in the instep area.  I ordered the large size which corresponds to sizes 11.5 to 13 according to the manufacturer of the stretcher, and it was huge.  I'm sending it back and asking for the next size down (a medium) which corresponds to sizes 9 to 11.  I tried to put the large in my shoe and I could quickly see that the instep area and the vamp would be stretched too much if I tried to tighten it up.  I don't need that area of the shoe stretched...... I am more interested in stretched the width and height at the toe box.

Anyway, my low instep causes me some issues, but I generally find a decent fit in most shoes somehow.  These Marlow PTB's are very comfortable and the lighter shade of brown compared to my chocolate brown colored Marlow wingtips is a nice change of pace and adds some variety to my shoe collection.

Ben

fantastic write-up Ben. i agree 100%

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marlow Mundy:

ainnjers

Reaction score
Hello

Im a new user at this forum. I have a question regarding the marlow full wing-tip. How is the size on this shoe? I have Crockett and Jones Islay in UK6, and Lowndes, ashdown, boston and cavendish in 6,5. I work in a shop having a big Polo RL corner, and because of that I have a great discount on everything from RL. Im wondering about ordering the marlow full wing-tip. Can anyone help me with how the size is, compared to the other shoes I have?

Thank you :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads