• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marlow Mundy!

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon the interruption, but I wanted to share with you my new vintage C&Js for Polo.

Thank you. I return the the thread back to cordovan Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren.

On a more relevant note, I am looking for a pair of the shell Marlow PTBs in new / almost new condition size 10.5. Please help me avoid paying retail!

AHS

Last edited:

netseeker09

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase my first pair of Marlows tomorrow, and I was wondering if it would be plausible for me to haggle down the price down to say around 700?

I've developed with a friendship with some of the workers at the local ralph lauren here in atlanta but I'm not sure if they would be able to do anything as of yet. Over the phone it was insinuated that something could be done, but I'm not sure to what extent.

I think the Marlow is a great shoe (wingtip) and it's pretty versatile for my work environemnt (first job out of college, working in management consulting, business casual) at the same time I don't wanna spend 850 dollars. From my understanding theres going to be sales, but I'm unsure if RL's cordovan shoes will be included. Please advise.

movoblast

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase my first pair of Marlows tomorrow, and I was wondering if it would be plausible for me to haggle down the price down to say around 700?

I've developed with a friendship with some of the workers at the local ralph lauren here in atlanta but I'm not sure if they would be able to do anything as of yet. Over the phone it was insinuated that something could be done, but I'm not sure to what extent.

I think the Marlow is a great shoe (wingtip) and it's pretty versatile for my work environemnt (first job out of college, working in management consulting, business casual) at the same time I don't wanna spend 850 dollars. From my understanding theres going to be sales, but I'm unsure if RL's cordovan shoes will be included. Please advise.
I just got the Marlows and they are a beaut. They are great shoes and a half step up in quality compared to my Aldens. I plan to start wearing mine when it becomes a tad warmer. With the recent employee code leak, a LOT of people bought the marlows to resell on ebay and in the SF marketplace. I'm sure you will be able to find your size. These people are selling them brand new for around $500-$540. Check ebay and the SF marketplace after you figure out your size.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Honestly, assuming you have the sizing figured out, just be patient and scout. You can get them brand new for $500 if you are patient, as movo described.

tradbrah

Reaction score

What size are you needing?

deltashell

Reaction score
Have a bnib pair of Marlow plain toes. Size 9... Don't feel like listing them, pm me if interested!

netseeker09

Reaction score

What size are you needing?

I would need a size 9

I did not know there was a recent employee code leak..... I'm guessing its no longer valid?

I'll definitely keep a look out for them on ebay and SF

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The double leather soles on the Lindrick are the hardest to break in compared to any other double sole I own, super stiff. I have worn mine around 10 times or so and they are still tough to flex when not wearing them. I can't wait to see how they break in over a long period of time.

Edit: I also fixed my fit issue (slightly big). I tried a thin insole but it was just too tight. All my extra room is in the vamp area so I now have tongue pads attached along with moving to a slightly thicker sock. Fit seems spot on now, a little room in the morning but by the end of the day nice and snug.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads