Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Or if they used to ride horses as a kid, tell them your shoes are horse ass while you order a burger.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I have a pair of Marlow wingtips for sale in a 12D - check the sig. As much as I wanted to keep these, they're just too wide for my foot and I wouldn't be able to enjoy wearing them. And the 11.5D isn't long enough, so it looks like I'm screwed in this shoe since I can't get a narrow width.

And before everyone says :fu: for selling these higher than the private sale price....once you factor in the sales tax + shipping I paid when I bought them (ordered from an RL store over the phone), then add in the shipping + paypal fees I will have to pay once these sell, I'm not really making any money.

3. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

N00b question: How much does the Marlow stretch, if at all?

4. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

^Little to none. What does happen is your foot eventually settles into the cork footbed a little, thus possibly loosening up the shoe a bit. They will not become longer.

5. Patek

Patek Senior member

Cordovan streches very little.

6. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Thank you. My newly-acquired 10D fits well overall (in fact, probably my best-fitting dress shoes in rotation) except along the throat line, it is a bit snugger than I am accustomed to. Not a biggie.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

7. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

how do the tassels fit in reference to the wingtips and the pennys? wide, narrow, long, short, etc...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

8. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Why heel and toe taps?

9. Von Franz

Von Franz Senior member

I don't know if anyone's come across these yet, but they seemed noteworthy given the thread's topic.
    This isn't my listing- they're my size and as such were brought to my attention by an eBay alert the other day.
    Can't afford them at the moment, much to my chagrin.
    Somebody on here should give them a good home.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crockett-Jo...s=63&clkid=4101231503809047736#ht_3523wt_1187

Shell Marlow Pennies, size 10.5 US, NIB.

-VF

10. Patek

Patek Senior member

Some people have them installed to reduce the wear on the heel and toes. I tried that on two pairs of shoes and didn't like the feel of it. I prefer to let them wear naturally, afterall I probably have enough shoes to lant me till retirement and if they don't wear out I will never have an excuse to buy others.

11. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

got it.... thanks!

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I definitely don't have enough shoes to last me till retirement, but I'm right there with you on the bolded section. :slayer:

13. jazzsol

jazzsol Senior member

Does anyone know if there is a difference in width of Marlow Wing tip size 10 and 10.5D? I assume the 10.5D will be a bit longer than the 10D but curious if there is any noticeable difference in width.

14. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

I jumped on the recent RL sale & bought my 1st pair of C&J shells. I trusted the website's size guide & went down from my usual US10.5D to 10D. The shoes fit like a glove and are comfortable as long as I don't stand or walk. Actual use of the shoes as shoes reveals that they're slightly too narrow, esp. at the bridge of my foot where the eyelets start. I probably need a 10E (which doesn't seem to exist). Should I have gone 10.5? I'm afraid that I would then have too much room. Thoughts?

Nick D.

15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

mine were slightly tight, but have since stretched a bit. I do have pain from a blister on the top of my foot near the area you are describing where the laces start. Got a bloodied sock when I got home after the first wearing. If that doesn't go away, I'll be really annoyed.