Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Active Member

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. sm31

sm31 Senior member

They're similar to the wingtips, in the sense that many size down. See this earlier post for a comparison with same size Alden Barrie.

3. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

I feel like I'm crazy with all these previous posts. I'm pretty much a TTS 8.5D in every shoe I own. I have a pair of the Darlton/Marlow wingtips in 8.5D and they fit perfect (not too snug, not too loose). I bought a pair of the Loafers in 8.5D and the toebox was far too cramped and it was tight in the heel. Everyone is saying to size DOWN? I just ordered them in 9D from RL and am going to try my luck with that. Just found it weird that I'm sizing UP while most say to size down.

4. Booter

Booter Senior member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  5. Manfred Freitag

Manfred Freitag Well-Known Member

Heading out the door in my Lindricks, almost seem like a shame to wear them. I feel like I m pushing a beautiful woman's face into the asphalt. What sort of asshole would do such a thing?

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

are you a 8.5 on the brannock device or you just typically buy 8.5 for shoes? maybe you have a wide foot so makes your toebox squished?

i measure 9 on brannock. typically wear 9TTS shoes and 8.5 alden barrie/trubalance and took 8.5 on both penny and tassels but tassels exhibit a lot of heel slippage. havent gotten my lindricks yet

7. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I know what you mean. :)

I received the Marlow last week and the weather have been sketchy outside to wear them to work.

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Just to add another voice of confusion.
    I'm usually a size 11D and bought 10.5 Marlow wingtips. They were slightly tight around the toes but otherwise okay.
    I got the Lindricks in 10.5 and they felt about the same as the Marlow wingtips.
    I got a pair of Rhett loafers in 10.5 and they felt loose without socks but otherwise okay with socks.
    I got the tassel loafers in 10.5 and they felt at least another 1/2 size if maybe even a full size too big.

9. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

I have the wings, PTB, and pennies (and hope to have the tassels tomorrow or Thursday according to my RL confirmation email). I am a 10.5C in most Allen Edmond shoes and the Aberdeen Aldens. My experience is that the wings and PTB fit TTS. Since I have a narrow foot it's either the 10.5D or sizing down to 10. The 10.5D was too wide for me (as are most 10.5D shoes) so sizing down to 10 was my option. The 10's work for me--the fit is about 90-95%--still a tiny bit wide but still enough room in the toe box.

The pennies are a different story--they are on a sleeker last so sizing down to a 10 produced the perfect width, but a slightly cramped toe box. They work perfectly when going sockless, but get a little cramped with socks--I usually try to wear the thinnest pair possible.

Sounds like your are a true 8.5D so your experience sounds perfectly normal--sizing up in the pennies would probably work for you. I may size up in them as well but I'm afraid at that point they would be too wide, although the perfect length.

10. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

Anybody besides me think the double sole on the pennies/tassels is stupid? It's a b**** to break in and loafers are supposed to be just that--loafers, not 1,000 milers. It looks ok though and brings continuity to the whole Darlton/Marlow line, but I'd prefere the single sole on the loafers.

11. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I broke out the lindricks for today for the 1st time. They felt great for the first 2 hours, but now I'm getting some pinching on the side of my toe. It's quite annoying right now. I'm hoping that stretches out a bit after a couple wears.

12. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Cordovan won't stretch much, but it will soften and become more comfortable. My Darltons (Marlows) used to pinch a bit in the same place, but after break-in they feel just right, even a touch too loose with thin socks. I assume your experience with the Lindricks (and mine) will be similar.

13. Anden

Anden Senior member

I am a UK 9 on the Crockett & Jones 348 Last. I prefer the wider version (F). The E (Normal) is just a bit to tight.

I am considering the marlow wingtip in US 10.5 which I figure would fit me fine considering my wider feet. Any opinions?

A

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

this was my issue ... i feel like the tassels are bigger than the pennys even though the last looks identical. but most on here said they sized pennys and tassels same

15. huskyzealot

huskyzealot Senior member

I wear...

10 in the penny
    9.5 in the tassel
    9.5 is the wingtips