1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

You really should just go ahead and sell them here in this thread.

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I doubt you'd get retail for them, but you might get something close to the recent sale prices (maybe 35% - 45% off retail), so maybe between $600 and $750? If you have them in a common size and can take decent photos you'll easily flog them here.

If they are 13D I'll think about taking them off your hands.

3. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Agreed. I bought my new pair in the market for $700 shipped if I remember correct

4. iDoc

iDoc Senior member

For those still looking for sizing help, count me as another vote for Marlow wingtip = Alden Barrie sizing. I'm an 8.5D in Alden Barrie, 8.5D Gianni, and 8.5D Marlow.

Now about those Lindricks...

5. the_sartorialist

the_sartorialist Senior member

Still looking for a US8 Marlow Wingtip - anyone out there kind enough to share a good deal? I'm sure there's at least one person out there lurking who knows RL employees who are buying the shoes at employee's discount and flogging them off for a profit!

6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

The Satoralist, meet edubs.

-Mike

1 person likes this.
  7. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

:lol:

8. the_sartorialist

the_sartorialist Senior member

Was in touch with edubs01 earlier, but unfortunately he's gone quiet, which is what prompted my new search.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

What do you mean in touch? Just pay the man his asking price for the service and they are good as yours. It's worked for several guys here

10. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

I tried to contact him too about some Marlow full strap penny loafers. Still waiting to hear back.

11. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

What size?

12. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

smoothie, first of all I really like your moniker. Kinda yuppie juice bar sounding but that's okay. Lol. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. As for shoe size I've got the ptb's and wingtips both in 11D, and they fit great. So I'm guessing it would be the same for the pennies.

13. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

working on something.... :nodding:

14. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Please tell me you've got Giannis.

15. Grice

Grice Well-Known Member

Thought I might ask the experts in this thread, I bought these Crockett & Jones for RL, would you say these are calf or shell? Thanks a lot!

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. vestbash

vestbash Senior member

Not cordovan, those are calf unfortunately, one can tell due to the microcreasing in the vamp. It is hard to tell just from the photos that you posted, as the way the vamp has creased can be deceiving. I had to dig through the completed listings on ebay to get a better look at the shoes. The good news is however that you got a good pair of C&J loafers for a solid price. Enjoy.

Also, in my experience, the cordovan footwear from the early to mid 2000s when C&J still made footwear for the "Polo" line, the cordovan was not so dark in appearance, more of a cigar brown. I have also never seen a C&J for RL cordovan pair with the block letter typeface for the serial numbers and size stamp, just the typeface that looks like it is handwritten.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  17. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

I saw the listing, Unfortunately these are 100% not C&J but Alfred Sargent, and corrected grain calf not shell AS did some make-up for Polo more than 10 years ago.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  18. Grice

Grice Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! Amazing expertise. Surprised that they are AS - they have a very similar fit another pair of CJ for RL I have.

Anyway got them at a fair price and they fit well.

19. vestbash

vestbash Senior member

Well that explains the writing, I did not know that AS made shoes for Polo. Thanks.

20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

+1... And in size 13 :)