• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for 9.5D Lindrick bought on last sale but is too large for your foot. PM me please.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The finish on C&J for RL shell has definitely changed since my last pairs.

I just got a brand new pair of Marlow pennies, probably from circa spring 2013.

I notice that they are very moist. Quite a bit of "bloom" on them. (LOL, sounds sexual.)

This is consistent with what others have been reporting.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
purchased the lindrick in fw11 and the gianni is fw13. the shell is very much the same. not dry, just not as supple as alden. still a big improvement over my marlows and pennies from 2007 and 2010, respectively.

deltashell

Reaction score
I've got a NIB pair of prescotts in 9d. Just haven't gotten around to wearing them and I'm gonna list them in buy and sell if anyone is looking for a pair.

vestbash

Reaction score
I brushed and buffed my unworn Lindricks yesterday. The finish starting coming up on my buffing cloth and the boot is noticeably duller. How do I even out the shine?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I brushed and buffed my unworn Lindricks yesterday. The finish starting coming up on my buffing cloth and the boot is noticeably duller. How do I even out the shine?

Brush and brush. :) Eventually I would Reno and either Brown Paste Wax or Brown or Clear Saphir Cordovan Cream.

Last edited:

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Very much, thank you. Unexpected how different they look on, as opposed to on the shelf. I would not have tried them on, had it not been strongly suggested. Also, for any guys like me, who have trouble finding larger sizes, this is the ticket at the better end of the market, in my opinion.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Apollotrader, glad to hear that you like them. I know what you mean about having a stylish PTB in a larger size. I myself wear an 11 in this shoe and it doesn't look too terribly huge on me. I've got some Alden #8 ptb's that by comparison look like pontoons.

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question about RL customer service (because I plan to buy a shell pair in the EU site during the christmas sale if they will be included)

If a pair of shoes was bought during a sale, is it possibile to return and exchange them for a different size at the same price?
Or they consider the regular price in the exchange and the difference would be charged?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alex, they will straight exchange.. No worries..

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So who bought the Chukka on sale? Pics please.. Wondering what the lasts were for Gianni an Chukka? Gianni is so compy :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads