• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

New batch of C&J shell def looks and feels more supple. I've handled 4 pairs in the past week and the color and oiliness are also consistent from pair to pair. This is a pretty big deal for C&J if they can continue making their shell this way. Finishing resembles EG shell quality

Yeah, it is definitely a beautiful batch of shells wonder if the Marlows and all are going to get these shells. The Marlows are amongst my driest shoes. No exposure to EG shell, but it sounds awesome (as is expected.)

-Mike

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
FedEx guy finally showed up today with my 1/2 size down from Lindrick Giannis.
I think I'm keeping that pair.
The ones in Lindrick size are just a little too big.

Gianni vs cigar Indy.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
More pictures of my new Gianni's. Tried on the boots, they fit magnificently very happy with my sizing. Thanks to everyone here for suggesting going down a size! This is quiet possibly the nicest pair of Shell Cordovan shoes that I have touched. The shell just feels amazing. It is like butter soft!

These should help give people a better grasp of what these boots look like compared to the TWO pictures that Ralph Lauren has posted. We need TheShoeMart to start carrying these shoes so we can get all of their nice pictures.

Thanks,
Mike

huangster

Reaction score
I'm a newbie. I've noticed all the beautiful Giannis lately and I cannot locate on the Ralph Lauren website. Where is everyone buying from?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm a newbie.  I've noticed all the beautiful Giannis lately and I cannot locate on the Ralph Lauren website.  Where is everyone buying from?

That's because we bought them all.
I suspect some should start showing up again as people return ones that don't fit.

bucksfan

Reaction score
I'm a newbie. I've noticed all the beautiful Giannis lately and I cannot locate on the Ralph Lauren website. Where is everyone buying from?

They were on the website earlier this week, but sold out pretty fast. Try calling one of the stores, i was able to get my size Lindrick sent from the madison ave store.

huangster

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. What size do forum members recommend for someone who wears 11D on the Barrie last?

meowmix1891

Reaction score
My lindricks are very soft on a small patch in the lacing area and the brown is coming off to reveal the beige underneath. Is this what people mean by "dry"? In that patch, it almost feels like old calfskin(feels grainy), and the brown just scrapes off.
Is this a defect in the tanning process?

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Mikes experience is that dry shell tends to scratch when being brushed. It also feels drier to the touch. These shoes are definitely not dry. Touching them, they feel like they have moisture in them.

-Mike

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mikes experience is that dry shell tends to scratch when being brushed. It also feels drier to the touch. These shoes are definitely not dry. Touching them, they feel like they have moisture in them.-Mike
which reminds me of something else during foreplay. Shell has a distinct smell. Shoe orgasm?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know when the next time RL might have a promo? Eying some Marlow wingtips since it was excluded in the last promo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads