• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ cant go wrong. wearing the size 11 boots (1 down from tts) they felt tight initially but fit just fine now. slight little toe pinch but my feet are already as large as they can get after a long day. I think they are keepers, I even got a partial horween stamp on this pair

fml now I have a new pair to ponder..

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Great pics, Namor.  How do you rate these compared with an Indy?  If I recall, you had an Indy boot in cigar... 

indy is the more casual of the two. gianni i would wear with slacks for a sem-formal business casual look. wouldnt even consider it with indy

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good call. The wingtip tip is a bit of a tweener. The Lindrick is squarely 1/2 sizes down from tts

My experience is slightly different. I take each of these tts, but the Lindrick is a bit looser than the wingtip. Oddly enough, the RL box has the Lindrick as UK8.5 and the wingtip as UK9. Both are labeled US9.5 D.

ggg458

Reaction score
Do people with the Lindricks find themselves wearing them exclusively as a dress boot/shoe or as a casual one as well? I am on the edge (between the Sky/Harltech) and I'm not sure if the sheen on the shell along with the leather sole (vs. danite) makes it look out of place with jeans (esp. ones that are not very dark). I am less concerned with wearing them with a suit and would wear them with business casual dress clothes, but would also like to have a pair that I wear with jeans and a t-shirt and not look completely out of place. Just wanted to get thoughts from people who own them.

Thanks.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do people with the Lindricks find themselves wearing them exclusively as a dress boot/shoe or as a casual one as well? I am on the edge (between the Sky/Harltech) and I'm not sure if the sheen on the shell along with the leather sole (vs. danite) makes it look out of place with jeans (esp. ones that are not very dark). I am less concerned with wearing them with a suit and would wear them with business casual dress clothes, but would also like to have a pair that I wear with jeans and a t-shirt and not look completely out of place. Just wanted to get thoughts from people who own them.

Thanks.

I use them for business casual and casual. While some do wear them with suits, I do not.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear with business casual (generally on days when more casual is ok) and with dark denim.

Last edited:

chimaki

Reaction score
has anyone had luck in trying to exchange the lindrick boot purchased during a sale for a size not available online anymore? it's looking unlikely the lindrick comes back online in 8D before my return period is up.

bucksfan

Reaction score
has anyone had luck in trying to exchange the lindrick boot purchased during a sale for a size not available online anymore? it's looking unlikely the lindrick comes back online in 8D before my return period is up.

You may be best served to try calling RL online and see if they have the right size in stock, but not yet on the website. In my case, they didn't have the right size, so I had to do the following: Return

mine in the wrong size to RL online, then call one of their retail stores, and purchase them in the right size. I Spent $10 in shipping doing it this way I think. You may be further disadvantaged because it appears the 15% "kicker" no longer applies.

Edit: Just received the credit today, 6 days after I shipped them back via the RL pre-paid USPS sticker.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First day out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads