Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Here are some Gianni photos, shell feels a little more moist than Lindrick / Marlow but maybe that's cause it's new. Going to put flat Alden laces on when I start wearing, don't think these laces go with the dressiness of the boot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And comparison shots, lined up to floorboard then put shoe brush, not exact but close, Lindrick is 10.5, Gianni is 10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

2. laufer

laufer Senior member

Steven,

thank you for the comparison. I ordered 11 but those were too big. I ordered 10.5 but those were apparently damaged in shipment and going back. I wonder if i should go for 10 also. I am usually size 10 UK in C&J and 10.5 in G&G

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

We are same size I think, shoe just feels really roomy overall. Remember Lindricks were quite tight until corkbed sunk in, but the 10 Gianni already feels comfortable now which is a little weird. FWIW though the 10.5 I ordered as well feels the same overall with just a tiny bit more length (which I don't need)

4. laufer

laufer Senior member

Thanks,

I will try different socks I would prefer to wear it with the thick socks anyways.

5. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Wow! Awesome job! The look awesome. I do agree with you that the laces feel a bit casual for the shoes.

-Mike

6. katch

katch Senior member

Thank you. Great pics. I'm curious to see if the flat Alden laces are long enough for this boot!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

7. zr0e

zr0e Senior member

sigh. just bought the Giannis. Need to sell some Aldens now :)

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

While I think the Lindrick is awesome (esp at $654+tax), the broguing around the ankle is a little awkward. I prefer the Skye2. I suppose though, if you're trying to obtain a slightly different look from the Marlow, the Lindrick is a solid alternative. I also prefer the dainite sole on a somewhat casual boot like this.

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/skye-2-darkbrown-cordovan#.UnAHp6wuiSo

9. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ To each his own. While I think the Skye is beautiful and generally prefer my boots to have a rubber sole, I am wearing my new Lindricks and was in fact just admiring the broguing around the ankle! I am definitely a fan.

10. alexandchau

alexandchau Senior member

RTP, I also had an issue with that at first. But if you look at your Marlow wingtips, it has broguing around the ankles as well. And if you think of the Lindrick as the Marlow's bigger brother, then it kind of makes sense. It least to me, anyway. [​IMG]

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Thanks for the pics stevent. I like the C&J laces but they can look like tie string thus cheapening the refined look of the gianni. That's not to say string laces are cheap, after all EG uses them on all their boots. Only difference is EG is about twice as thick

[​IMG]

12. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Word!

13. lordjeebus

lordjeebus Well-Known Member

McCallums arrived today! Love them. The website said Dianite soles but they are leather. I don't mind. Oddly, they're no longer on the website.

14. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

15. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Been out of town on a business trip to NYC, and wore my 2.5-year old Marlow PTBs. Interestingly, even though they have been worn a good deal, I found they are still breaking in, and nothing like walking through airports and around the city for 2 days to break in shoes.

Near the beginning of the trip:
    [​IMG]
    In the hotel room, at the end of 2 days:
    [​IMG]

Walking to dinner:
    [​IMG]

Today, I broke out the marlow wingtips. I am getting concerned that I might have been better served to go down 1/2 size in these, as they break in. We'll see how they are at the end of the day.
    [​IMG]

Giannis will be Friday.