1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Employees normally get 50% off regular priced goods, and 40% off sale items.

2. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Senior member

I can't believe they chose to honor this for a limited audience. If it was intended to be exclusive to employees, they should have cancelled every order that wasn't associated with an employee account. Considering the employees have their own website, that should be a very easy thing to figure out. It also begs the question: Why would a coupon code intended for employees not be coded to work only with an employee account?

Congratulations to Ralph Lauren on unwittingly becoming a B-School case study.

It will be interesting to see if, and how, they enforce their return policy.

For all those that loaded the boat, good on ya. For those that work in the online returns department at the warehouse, God help you.

3. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

they honoured mine, 3 RL black label suits just shipped. and 2 purple label ties yet to ship.

4. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

The regular discount is 50% isn't it? I had my girlfriend apply, hoping maybe I could mooch off her discount and buy an item every month or two (I wouldn't ask for any more than that). She didn't get a call back yet.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  5. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

I think they honored everyone's orders. The orders that were cancelled were the ones that were out of stock, or at least that's what I've been reading. I've also been reading that returns are permitted although exchanges aren't. Kinda sucks for me because I literally just received my wingtips and penny loafers today, and the loafers are extremely tight because I sized down a half size.

I'm a newb with loafers. Can someone more experienced with loafers comment on how they should fit?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  6. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

they already indicated that exchanges for another size are not allowed?

7. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

your order is probably one of the best order

8. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

+1

The steals were the staple RLBL suits (navy, charcoal) for $560, the marlows, and the RLPL shoes (G&G, EG and Lattanzi).

9. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

I've been following other forums, and people have reported that they have tried to exchanges items with online CS and were told that the exchange would be full price. I'm honestly not complaining about their "no exchange" policy because they were generous enough to honor the discount in the first place. Members of this forum always try to make the best educated guess with fit, but you gotta remember that this this code went viral, and people with no experience with RL merchandise/fit used the coupon to purchase like 32903810238092813 polos with big a** logos that scream POLO. Can you imagine what the warehouse would be like if RL's CS honored exchanges on all these items ?haha! I think your best bet would be to take the items to a store and try to place an exchange directly with the retail stores.

I called up my local store and they told me the penny loafers are no longer available in their store, so I think I might just take my chances and try to break these guys in.

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

Hrmm that makes me SOL. I order a 10 and need a 7.5

I was hoping store would do exchange if I had manage to track one down at a store

11. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Very great photos...fantastics.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

If anyone have the loafer in 10D (I just realize the penny is tts, please correct me if wrong) that you like to unload. Please pm me!

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  13. jeffd

jeffd Senior member

Forgive me for asking a question that I know has been asked a million times before; but going back through the thread and trying to figure out sizing is just confusing me:

If I wear a UK 7.5 E in the C&J 325 last, what size Marlows should I order?

Thanks.

14. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

Based on my communication with C&J customer service a couple of years ago, you should order a US 8D.

15. jeffd

jeffd Senior member

Thank you very much, sir!

16. PeterL

PeterL Senior member

Edit: I inspected the shoes again. They not look as bad as i thought:nodding:

17. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

Gentleman - Does anyone know the style number of the Marlow plain toe blucher? So that when I call the mansion the SA won't send me the wrong shoe. Thanks kindly.

18. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

If anyone got a size 9 penny loafer and wants to size down, I have a size 8.5 that I can trade you. PM me if you want to trade your 9 for my 8.5.

19. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Do you feel the difference in size? If you don't feel it, it wouldn't matter right? I don't know if you laced those up and actually tried them on after taking that pic, but if you haven't, I would suggest that haha.

20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Would anyone happen to know if there are varying grades of cordovan quality? I've been thinking about this recently as I've been wearing my AE dark brown cordovan Dundee's (which creased like crazy as soon as I put them on), and my C&J whiskey Harlech's (which hardly creased at all during a long day of city walking). Could this be an indicator of shell quality? Just curious is all.