1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. katch

katch Senior Member

buying the Gianni was easy. Justifying it IF the wife realizes I bought another pair of seemingly the same boots will be difficult.

2. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

Shipping confirmation came in this a.m.
    I am sure some disappointment in the Marlows not being included this year. I did hear they we going to clamp down on those being sold at 45% off. Interestingly I've tried to sell a lightly worn pair of backups .. Pennys 9D for 299 as I already have this makeup .. and have been told hey, I'll just wait for the sale unless you want to give them to me ... okay .. here's your shot! Oops maybe next year bra

3. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

But if they're seemingly the same, she's much less likely to realize they're new!

4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

5. ReppTiePrepster

Any thoughts on the gianni? I'm considering taking a chance on them. I suppose I can return to my local RL store if they do not work out.

6. ReppTiePrepster

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

7. Dbc0919

Dbc0919 Senior Member

As a recent purchaser from RalphLauren.com, I have learned that you can return to a RL Store but they just ship back to RL.com and you won't be credited until they receive and process. Also, they will not just exchange for a different size or color. Rather, they will send yours back and you pay again for the exchange. They also won't sell to you at the price you paid, but at regular retail. For example, I had Marlow's purchased online with employee discount. I wanted to exchange for size. They will take my shoes back and ship to RalphLauren.com and funds would be credited back after received and processed. I could leave the store with correct size but would have to pay full price as they will not sell at the employee discount price.

8. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

Next year it is, then!

9. cannan

cannan Senior Member

I will & do, I was just being stupid because I'm stoked I actually finally got my hands on a pair.

10. ReppTiePrepster

Good to know. It may be most efficient then, to order two sizes and return the one with the improper fit. I'd hate to deprive a fellow SF'er the opportunity to find a steal like this, though. My size in the Lindricks are already gone. I think the gianni are calling my name. I just need the right size.

Thanks!

11. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

Curious. Could you have just filled out the exchange form and shipped it back to ralph.com with the prepaid label?

12. Dbc0919

Dbc0919 Senior Member

Absolutely. I was just providing my experience with respect to the comment about just returning to the local RL Store. As an additional bit of info, I was told that it would take at least 12-14 days to process the return and exchange.

13. ReppTiePrepster

14. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior Member

Yeah, I'm not sure how I'm going to manage that part also. Think she'll believe they were $200?

Question: The length is great but they're very snug in the instep and on the vamp right at the base of the tongue, as I thought they might be since they're a D width. I understand that cordovan will stretch, but will they stretch that much?

This is the first time I've laid hands on a pair of cordovan shoes and these things are gorgeous.

15. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Distinguished Member

I have a 9.5 and 10D Lindrick coming. At least one is obviously going back, so keep an eye on the RL site. I'm not sure how long the sale lasts, but it will be shipped back asap.