1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

opps, my size.....

btw, just got a shipping confirmation on my marlow :slayer:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

There are too many of us!!! I am pretty sure he is a 10.5D. I recall him selling Alden Black Medallion Plaza Lasted Boots in 10.5D in the MarketPlace. No guarantee these are particularly a 10.5. But not that any of this matters, he isn't selling them. I was just joking.

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

10.5 haha

I've had this loafer, cigar lhs, another C&J calf one and sold them all. Just can't really see myself wearing loafers. Though I think this loafer is definitely the cleanest design and I couldn't pass up at $300

4. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

ya, i heard ya.

out of all loafers out there, I'd also vote this as the cleanest design. I would've kop but already way over my spending limit for the month.........oh well, maybe i'll look for ebay or the marketplace next month.

did you size down on the loafer?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  5. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

Thanks Michael for posting the email from RL. I felt so left out that I called RL customers service again this morning. I was told that If I could provide them an order number with the exact same item (RL Cordovan Marlow Wingtip) that had been honored and processed, they might be able to extend this courtesy to me as well.

So I need your help. If any of you who has ordered RL Cordovan Marlow Wingtip with the employee promo code and has received order/shipping confirmation, I would greatly appreciate that you PM me your order number.

Thanks a lot.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I had 11 first time but it was too long. 10.5 fits better for me. Have Marlow / lindrick in 10.5 and Gianni in 10

7. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

hum, I hope that I am those TTS on Marlow, otherwise, don't know when will RL ever restock 10.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  8. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Beautiful jacket and shoes

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I hope someone can help you out.

10. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Deleted

11. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

Thanks.

Here is the update:

Michael Haines was kind enough to have PMed his order number. So I called RL again and spoke to the gentleman whom I had talked with earlier. However, no dice in the end :( The gentleman who helped me was very nice. His supervisor (a lady) just wouldn't budge. According to her, some people got lucky, but not everyone. I was a little pissed as why she (the supervisor) had asked me to go through all the trouble of getting an order number if they had already made the decision. :brick:

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

This sounds really shitty. I would try to contact someone else at RL.

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Edit: I don't know what size you are, but maybe this is their way of saying we're out of stock?

14. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

@Shanghai, if you really want them, someone here said that there is a flood of them on ebay. I'm sure you could get them for a slight premium over the discounted price.

15. PeterL

PeterL Senior member

My Marlow wingtip order in size 7 got cancel due to problem authorizing my debit card( I used the same card the day after on my Jcrew order)
    I called and told them that it would be fine if they want to cancel my order because the fact that they oversold it but instead they made up this shitty explanation.

16. PeterL

PeterL Senior member

On the bright side, a friend of mine got the shipping confirmation on his size 7 order. He is willing to sell them to me if they don't fit him

17. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Looks great! Details on the denim, please.

18. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:why didn't you ask them to use another credit card? the order was alraeady and they did mentioned that they would honor the deal in the first place. If they didn't want to honor the deal, then there's nothing you can do.

19. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. PeterL

PeterL Senior member