• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In that case I was born old. I've fought a losing battle against the pointy hordes since I took an interest in shoes seven years ago. For a while Tricker's were trending, but they are pretty much out of the picture now around here. I though I was going to become a Church's loyalist until I discovered that Alden shoes are actually worth the 900 dollar price tag they have in Europe.
IJR, couldn't you get a proxy from this side of the pond and save yourself a few euros? There is something to be said for a JL single-cut Becketts or the classic Phillip II, without a doubt very nice shoes, but I wouldn't want to take a walking tour of London or Paris in either one. For my money Crockett & Jones offers an excellent collection of footwear at a competitive price.

katch

Reaction score
First day out in the wild with marlow penny's. I've been trying to break them in on carpet at home, but wearing them all day will do the trick. In about 6 months...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Howdy folks

asy9une6.jpg

NECRO QUESTION!!!!

was this a natural aging or did you have to polish it to get this beautiful lighter color? if so, what polish did you use.

the ones i tried on at the RL store looked like this.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Exposure to sunlight is the key.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
noted. thanks! any other tips ya'll may have for me?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stitch you got some marlows?!?!?!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stitch congrats on the marlow purchase! I love mine. They look much lighter in sunlight

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Howdy folks
asy9une6.jpg

NECRO QUESTION!!!!

was this a natural aging or did you have to polish it to get this beautiful lighter color? if so, what polish did you use.

the ones i tried on at the RL store looked like this.

About 4 year old pair versus brand new pair.

Last edited:

dusttruffle

Reaction score
I was wondering if the dark brown cordovan that C&J use on the Harlech and Skye 2 color matches the cordovan that use for RL. Difficult to tell from pictures.

In the long view was pretty keen on some plaza captoe & barrie wingtip boots (probably #8, cigar if i could find it)
but the Harlech and Skye 2 are making me rethink. Being from the UK they are all pretty close in price to each other - and it feels a little more patriotic (not that i am into any of that kind of thing) - ultimately it will come down to how the last shape looks.

If the color is the same for C&J Mainline as C&J for RL i think i will be swayed for one of them at least.

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So your saying that if I put my shoes out on my sun deck they'll begin to look like Countingsheep's Marlow wingtips?

I don't know if they will look like those, but surely they will lighten changing their colour.

http://horween.com/products/brownout/

Depends on the colour they started, actually almost all pairs are very dark brown, they used to be dark cognac from new and they age better with fantastic patina, Countingsheep and hoit1981 pairs are a great example.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads