1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Patek

Patek Senior member

Well, I gave up truing to find a Lindrick in 11.5. I have two different stores "looking" for me. Who knows, a pair may still show up.

Meanwhile, I decided to give Alden a second chance. I purchased some cordovan shoes from them once and ended up returning them as they were just too ugly. I have never tried their boots though so I figured that it would not hurt to try a pair of boots.

So, I ordered a pair of the Alden Indy Cordovan in Cigar. They will probably make a better winter boot anyway:

[​IMG]

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_40566c_cigar_shell/pvc-ald-mxsb-40566c_ald_m_40566c.html

If anyone has a pair of Lindricks in 11.5 that they were going to return, I'll take them off your hands.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ that's a great looking boot. Love the metal eyelets. The Indy is a mor casual boot that looks great with chinos and jeans

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I feel like I want the PTB. But I don't. Im torn.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

5. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ Buy them. You instakop red check SCs but keep on wondering about these shoes :confused:

6. forex

forex Senior member

Yeah you do, you definitely do. PTB is my favorite of the bunch. Great shoes, I think I can wear them with suits too, they are sleek enough.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I LOL'ed :laugh:

PTBs to me are very rustic, very country. I much prefer a G&G/Corthay aesthetic. You've seen my shoes. But I love me, teh shell.

8. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

IMO, you would benefit greatly moving to a more relaxed aesthetic, both in the cut of your jackets and the sleekness of your shoes.

9. SpooPoker

Im porking up, thats why the jackets are tight. The shoes, never in a hundred thousand years.

10. Manfred Freitag

Manfred Freitag Well-Known Member

After wearing my 11.5s today, you will need to pry them off my cold, dead feet.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  11. Patek

Patek Senior member

Agreed. For me Cordovan is a more casual material and I usually wear them with chinos and jeans although come fall/winter they look great with tweeds.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Give RL a month to restock their online inventory/incorporate all the returns into the system. I sent back a 11.5 lindrick because on vamp was lighter than the other. It wasn't a big deal but I exchanged it since they had plenty of stock at the time. At least you're not dealing with Brooks Brothers, once they sell out, rarely do they restock

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Is the tongue on the Lindricks also cordovan? Seems a thinner leather and also a slightly different color to the rest of the boot.

14. SpooPoker

[​IMG]

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

So why is it that the tongue feels soft and leather-like and the rest of the shoe feels thick and has that waxy finish?

16. theyare

theyare Senior member

A slight obsession may have begun....
    I'm not sure I'll be able to justify keeping all of them, but choosing will be next to impossible

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

holy snap! i thought i had issues getting 3 pairs. you have the whole lot!!!

did you get all the same size for all 6 pairs? all fit the same?

18. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Thought I am no fan of the metal eyelets, I think I can rock the PTB.

19. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Whoa, this thread is getting out of hand.

You're the man, though.

20. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

those chukkas are really nice, too bad they discontinued those