• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
IJReilly you may try the CJ 363 last
It has sort of a sickle anotomic shape not unlike alden mod and I find it the best fitting CJ last for me
The CJ website will tell you which models come in the 363
I have the Crawford loafer and love it
Frans Boone also carries many 363s and I probably will get some more
Good luck !

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The boot's shaft I would say is taller than the Lindrick by a little and it is just more roomy. I only have my cell phone camera on hand and inadequate indoor lighting, but here are the best pics I can come up with offhand: Compared to the same size (13D) Lindrick: Soles of the shoes compared. The Gianni is on the right and the Lindrick is on the left. It is hard to get the perspective correct. To me though the Gianni seems just a tad longer but wider across the foot as well: Both pairs: Opposite angle: The Gianni appears darker to me. Could be the Lindricks have sat on a shelf longer under lights or something before I bought them. Any additional requests?
Gianni is curve lasted as opposed to a straight lasted Lindrick. Thanks for these photo's ... I love the monster welt on Gianni. Different lasts for different people.. Very informative comparison. Thanks Mucho!

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mdubs, congratulations on your new Marlow wingtips. Do you like them? How do they feel?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

mdubs, congratulations on your new Marlow wingtips. Do you like them? How do they feel?

Thanks Spiff. I wouldn't describe them as "new new" because I have had them for probably 6 months now, but they still haven't made it outside yet because of the stiffness of the sole. I might take them out this week though.

-Mike

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks Spiff. I wouldn't describe them as "new new" because I have had them for probably 6 months now, but they still haven't made it outside yet because of the stiffness of the sole. I might take them out this week though.

-Mike

could you explain this? I read it twice and still dont understand

WiredandTired

Reaction score
In the break in process indoors I believe.

Same for me, I got them in April, only wore them inside the office. They have broken in nicely. Very comfortable now, my favorite pair.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't quite understand the practice of Break-in indoors. Shoes are meant to be worn, use, and abuse (in a good way). Double soles as designed for heavy wear. I take care of things that I own but not to the extent of babying them. Maybe a fora business opportunity >> solenanny.com :D

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...I am in the process of offloading shoes and these are definitely on the keep list.-Mike
cool, but shoes lacking in Vitamin D does not develop a good patina. Wear 'em hard Mike !!!

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The soles are just very hard, so I have been slowly working on them. I am hoping they get softer and more comfortable with some wear.
I received my Marlow wingtips on Good Friday morning of last year. I wore them around the house that Friday night and as much as possible all day Saturday, tying and untying them repeatedly to find the sweet spot. Like an excited kid with new shoes I wore them Easter Sunday to church and pretty much all that day to Easter family stuff. I don't know about you but when I get new shoes I like to wear them, so I wore them to brunch on Monday after Easter Sunday, and I've been wearing them weekly ever since. I highly recommend the Mac break-in Method, other than that I say wear the crap out of them.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the Mac break-in method? I still don't understand it. You wear the shoe indoors because??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads