1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Nice chukkas but I would have been po'd about the soles as I'd considered them for a bad weather boot. I guess it's good my size sold right before I could pull trigger (size was shown on site but came up as unavailable when I tried to buy).

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

looks like c&J 341

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

sdolina - looks like some strange rippling in the leather on the left boot in image 3. I would ask for more photos.

4. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

I'm not going to buy these, just curious.

5. alexandchau

alexandchau Senior member

Could this be C & J's whiskey shell? Wouldn't that look nice on something like, I don't know, a Harlech boot? :)

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Good find. I was going to update this thread with those pics for posterity

7. nosrep123

nosrep123 Well-Known Member

I actually ordered half a size up, as that was the smallest size available, and was only half a size larger than what I normally wear. I wear 8E in AE (8.5D works too) and 8.5 in clark's chukkas. These RL are size 9, and fit amazingly well. I think this may be because I have a high instep. No heel slippage, and ample room in the front.

8. nosrep123

I got these online during the RL sale a few days ago. I ordered them on a Tuesday I think, and they arrived Friday.

Upon closer inspection of the shoes, I noticed that they are actually not a solid brown, but has varying patches of brown that makes it look even better I think. Similar to antiquing.

I checked an hour ago, when there was only a 10.5 left online. I think someone on some other forum said they called customer service and ordered a size that wasn't listed online. Before I ordered, I tried doing that to get a 8.5 instead of 9, but it didn't work for me.

9. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I am a fan of those .. Wow they look great!!

10. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Gianni arrives.. View the beautiful boot and I think 325 .. Perfect .. Roll my same size Marlows against said boot and same match. Try on boot .. Yep 325:). No tonge stitch as per usual C&J boot makeups. Visually... Matured Indy. Incredible boot and most definitely a keeper! Color is not too dark brown. .. Very sweet boot.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  11. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Thanks man.. Your gonna love this boot. Same sizing as Lindrick and Marlow wingtip.

12. thinman

thinman Senior member

I've owned a pair of McCallum chukkas for about 7 years, sized down 1/2 size (bought US 11.5D instead of my usual US 12D), and I find the toe box has plenty of room. Mine have dainite soles and are my go-to casual rain boots. I wear them with jeans, cords, and moleskin trousers. I don't worry much about putting a high shine on them; I simply polish the scuffs out and condition with Saphir cream about once a year. I like shell cordovan not only for the creasing, but also because it's low-maintenance.

13. nosrep123

This is probably a better representation of the sizing. I think I'm a special case where the larger size fit me well.

14. cannan

cannan Senior member

So I guess your keeping em' :p. I'm doing the same, how on earth could I return them. :slayer:

15. katch

katch Senior member

I've been able to wear them around the house for a bit. I don't think they can been mentioned with the indy. These are more of the boot version of the tassel if that is possible. Wound love to see some shots of these dressed down.

16. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

17. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

I have some wear on the Lindrick now. The toe box is so solid...I love the creasing (or lack of compared to others I have).

[​IMG]

18. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Shouldaville, I think the toe box is so solid because C&J uses a plastic reinforcer, at least that's what I've read here before.

19. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Interesting...it certainly has me checking out other C&J models.

20. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Shouldaville, again I'm not absolutely sure about that, but it's worth further investigation. I'm not a cobbler and my knowledge of modern Goodyear welted shoe construction techniques is scant, but I have to assume that there is a good reason for such manufacturing methods.