Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Didn't you guys notice the EG tassels there too?

2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Looks like the Scotch Grain leather used on the Islay, different sole however. Islay uses a Dainite Sole.

Islay on the left, and Lindrick on the right.
    [​IMG]

3. Kai

Kai Senior member

Just scored some cordovan Lindricks on ebay.

Can't wait to get them. Have been lusting after these boots for a long time. (hope they fit)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2013

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

5. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Great buy,
    I've seen them on ebay too, they were mis-labeled as uk 9.5 E, in reality they are UK 10 F / US 10.5 E

Last edited: May 22, 2013

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

7. ktown

ktown Senior member

What is the consensus on sizing for the Lindricks? I read several pages of this thread and it seems like I should get either US TTS or US - 0.5. For reference I wear:

AE Park Ave - 8D US - Good fit
    Meermin Oxford Brogue Olfe Last - 7UK - Good fit
    Meermin Double Monk Hiro Last - 7UK - Ok fit, some heel slippage but that might be due to poor quality control rather than last fit

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

It really just depends on your feet.

I wear a TTS, but others wear .5 smaller.

I personally ordered both sizes and just returned the one that didn't work.

9. katch

katch Senior member

1/2 size smaller fo sho.

10. ktown

ktown Senior member

The thing is I've found a TTS pair for a decent price but I believe the seller won't accept returns. I've tried calling a local store and they said they didn't have any.

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I understand, but it really will just depend on your foot in regards to which size will work best for you.

Hopefully RL will have another shipment of these boots soon.

Last edited: May 23, 2013

12. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

you could just buy and resell, it will be a hassle but you could easily sell these boots quickly on the forum here.

13. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

RL Marlow PTB argyles OTC today.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2013

14. ktown

ktown Senior member

Today I stopped by the Beverly Hills RL store to try on some shoes since I don't have experience with RL/C&J sizing. I am looking to get the Lindrick boots some time this year but they didn't have any in stock as expected. I did get to try on the Marlow. First off I hadn't seen cordovan shoes in person until today and I can now see why these are called gunboats. These things were built like tanks! The leather was very thick and I did get that "cheap shoe" vibe from them at first glance. The soles are really thick on these too. I know it takes time for cordovan shoes to develop a nice patina and they look better with age. But I just couldn't help but think at first that these just didn't look so great. But people on this forum usually know what they're talking about so I will still give the cordovan Lindricks a try. The shoes seemed to not have a nice polish unlike many of the shoes I've seen posted by forumites.

Now, as far as sizing goes, I tried on the wingtip Marlow in 8D US/7.5 UK and the PTB Marlow in 7.5D US/7 UK. I am normally an 8D US and 7 UK. I thought the 8D Marlow was a bit roomy. I didn't walk around but just flexed my foot a bit while standing and I was getting heel slippage. The 7.5D fit better overall I think. It's hard to judge how a shoe will really fit from just 10-15 minutes at a store.

My questions for you guys are:

1. In the pics below, are the blucher flaps (sorry for incorrect terminology) too close for the wingtips? This was the larger size and I feel like they shouldn't be so close together. The PTB's look about right to me in terms of the closeness of the flaps.

2. How are the Marlows sized in relation to the Lindricks? I think I should go with the 7.5D/7UK. This would put me in the group that sizes down half.

3. Is cordovan all that? I've seen Spoo say they are "alpha as fuck." [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

ktown, how did you like the Beverly Hills RL store? I've heard it's very nice. As far as shell cordovan goes I assure you that shoes made from this leather are quite nice and last a very long time. I wear a half size down from my tts of 11.5 in the Marlows. It's just a place to start when sizing new shoes. Either the PTB's or the wingtips would be a great first buy.