1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. katch

katch Senior member

Any pictures of the Gianni in the wild?

2. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Will these lindricks or gianni's be open to the public at a discount? I don't shop at ralph lauren and so of course I wouldn't get the presale email. I would never be able to afford those boots at the ticket price. But at 40% + 15%, I would really consider getting a pair.

3. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

It's 30% + 15% on these. Try going to ralphlauren.com/presale, browse to Mens > Shoes, add them to your cart, and use the code MPRE13.

1 person likes this.
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

not good enough. moar!

5. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

My girlfriend was planning on buying me some Alden LWB in #8 because my birthday is in a couple weeks. Now I just made this impulse buy (lindricks yeeeuh!) and I'm kind of glad I did because I am on a waitlist for another pair of #8's.

6. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

You have an amazing girlfriend.

7. millerbk

millerbk Active Member

Just wanted to confirm the Lindrick Book is cordovan because it doesn't say cordovan anywhere RL in the discription. I assume it is based on the price and from what everybody says about the boot on the forum. Also do most people go TTS or .5 down?

Thanks in advance

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

The Brown Lindrick is cordovan, and the Black Lindrick is calf. Some will go TTS, and some go .5 down. However this will just depend on your feet. If in doubt like myself, get both and return the one pair that does not fit.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

the worst advice I've ever heard on this forum - its so practical and sensible that it makes my blood curdle. boo, practical and sensible advice, booooooo. more questions on sizing in a thread dedicated to 5-10 models built from the same material on just 3 lasts. booooooooo, dddresss, booooooo

shame on you

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

its almost always available. this is the first time theyve been excluded i think. if you really want them probably contact a SA and they can help

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I wish this thread could be more like the Alden thread with endless discussion of the Barrier last and people making wild ass guesses as to the precise size and width some one needs based on converse sizing. But the repeated questions about whether the Lindrick is actually cordovan kind of makes up for it.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

enough already. next thing I know, youll be telling everyone to purchase these boots on sale thus saving everyone several hundreds of dollars. the problem with said advice is that these boots are just as awesome at $1100 as they are at $650

13. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Thanks NAMOR appreciate it greatly sir! Gianni on the way .. Cool looking boot ...

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

(high five)

that makes the both of us

15. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

16. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Edit: Don't like the side profile of the mccallum or the Lincoln

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mccallum looks to chiseled, and the Lincolnshire strap is too in your face

17. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Those are McCallums you have there, not Giannis.

18. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Thanks very much for the advice! I actually took a shot in the dark not long after posting and ordered a 10D in the Lindrick, and about an hour ago got a shipping notification that it'll be here tomorrow, so we'll see. Here I was worried that it would be too small. Hopefully it'll be just right. I'll report back. Thanks once again.

19. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Fixed.

I like the look of the moc-toe look of Gianni, kind of like a more refined Indy boot.

(Though I'm not into full size boots myself. I'm kinda wary of chukkas too. Owned two pairs so far and just didn't like how they feel on my feet at the ankles. Boots are pretty much for snow and hiking for me, not everyday wear)

[​IMG]

20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Is the Gianni available in size 13 in stores? Webshite only lists up to 12. I want it in 13.