1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

I recommend calling ahead. The Georgetown RL store did not have wingtips a few weeks ago. I would try Chevy Chase, or possibly Tysons. Does anyone know where to score the RL plain toe blucher, preferably on sale. Thanks.

2. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

I'm pretty positive that the NYC RL Madison Avenue Mens Flagship store has them in stock. To be sure that I got a pair that hadn't been tried on I requested that they ship me a pair direct from their warehouse. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but the earliest possibility of a sale is in November, and even then I'm not sure because RL considers the Marlow line part of their "core" wardrobe offerings.

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

nice ill do that

4. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Not sure it's gonna happen this year. Marlow line was included in last years Pink Pony Sale. This year .. not so. Spif your Marlow Wings looking good bro! Best walkin shoe next to the PTB for my money. Softer sole maybe than Alden, or just my bony feet like this last better. Anyway I prefer these over most...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  5. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I am with you brother. 975 is a tremendous shoe with outstanding comfort! [​IMG] Congrats on acquiring an American classic... enjoy,wear often and in great health!

6. ReppTiePrepster

Why not the shortwing blucher in ravello or color 8? You don't have to kill your feet to break them in.

7. ReppTiePrepster

Awesome!! [​IMG] Don't forget to break them in properly...

8. ReppTiePrepster

9. ReppTiePrepster

10. ReppTiePrepster

Nice pic my friend. Nice contrast with the thick green grass. Your Marlows look like they are developing a unique patina... slightly reddish-ravello (or maybe just lighting). Either way, looking very good!

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

^ I concur. Seems like you have quite a unique color there Spiff, quite aubergine-like in appearance. Did you use a filter / alter the image in some way? Mine are really very brown in comparison.

12. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

RTP and hoit, Thank you both very much. I was just in the grass facing direct late morning sunshine. To tell the truth these shoes look different colors in whatever light your using.

13. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

Are these essentially a Harlech in burgundy / #8 ? Any other differences ?

14. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Last: BB is 240, CJ 341
    Welt: BB have Storm Welt, CJ Barbour Rounded Storm Welt
    Sole: BB Dainite or double leather, CJ Double Leather

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

What's the difference between the Barbour round welt and storm welt?

16. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Mine have double leather storm welt from BB, not dainite. At least I think it's a storm welt .. Looks like one. What is a Barbour welt and is it found on dainite soled shoes? Easily confused today on this one. Yes the 240 is indeed the BB last. Fits narrower than say 325. I also own 341 cordovan PTB C&J and Marlow PTB. The Marlow PTB. Is on a different last .. Reported here to be on 341 but it really is different, looks more like 325.

17. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Awesome shot. Love the way they look with a little wear on them. What lacing scheme are you using there? Looks really cool.

18. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

My understanding is that BB version no longer has dainite, only double leather. I believe this is now in the Q&A for the item on the site. The picture they have up, however, shows dainite last I checked. And just to be absolutely useless, the description of the boot says nothing as to the sole - like the customer wouldn't want to know that for a $1,000 item.

19. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Yas, the picture show dainite, but good to know I think that double leather look better.

They are essentially both stormwelt, but one has a squared top edge, the other a rounded edge, just a little detail.

Shoe Healer call this kind of stormwelt "barbour welt" in their trickers custom options list (Barbour is the name of a big manufacturer in England CLICK HERE)

However I mean the opposite and I have edited my post, sorry for confusion so...

The BB boots have a classic Storm Welt and the CJ Harlech the Rounded Storm Welt as below:

[​IMG]

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

When it comes to shoes, BB is the worst. RL close behind.

BB suiting online provides a description of the fabric and the name of the company that made the fabric but their clueless when it comes to shoes.