1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

^Both seem to be made on 325 judging the toe shape.

Chukka is very nice, probably in reality isn't so tall, it should be the same pattern as C&J Chiltern and it was sold also years ago:

[​IMG]

The monks are too strange for my taste...

2. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Prescott by C&J for RL (cordovan in dark brown)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I like how these are not full strap.

4. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Exactly.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Looks like the same boot

6. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Beautiful split-toe loafers. Wear in good health.

7. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

FYI, the gianni I ordered arrived just now and it is NOTHING like the boot pictured. It is not a chukka. It does not have a dainite sole. It is a full boot (not ankle chukka). It has metal eyelets and speed hooks, toe stitching similar to Indy boots, and a leather sole. The description for the gianni is somewhat accurate but the picture is showing some other shoe altogether. Also runs really wide from what I can tell initially. I'm pretty ticked as I wanted the chukka ankle boots and I wanted a dainite sole for extra grip.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. Quantimil

Quantimil Well-Known Member

That sounds really strange.

9. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Pictures? Someone in RL probably just f*ed up and put the wrong picture (but the right description) there. I usually get dainite sole for longer lasting reason, don't think dainite actually give you more grip, I think some here complain it actually gives you less grip on certain surface.

10. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Yeah, I wanted dainite for longer lasting + better in rain puddles + I hear it is slightly better grip. I'm really disappointed because I was digging the look of those chukka's too. I know some of y'all aren't digging it, but I think they look much better in the pics than the boots that got delivered to me. I am still hoping those chukkas exist somewhere :-\. Not sure what to do. Honestly, I feel this boot is like a less pretty version of a cordovan Indy.

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Taller than Indy as well? Hope you get your chukka. Alternatively you can go Vass if you want shell chukka

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Thats bizarre. Is it like the gifford boot? btw, op has a pic of almost all of the C&J for RL models for reference

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  13. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Where? Not currently on the web. My understanding is they did bring the Lindrick back .. But like the PTB and these Penny's, could be store purchase only this year.

14. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Good catch - looking at the op and google image search I do think this boot looks a lot like a gifford, except it is a full boot and definitely not a chukka. I'm pretty disappointed as the chukka looked like just an overall better chiseled feel to the toe and I wanted the more casual feel of the chukka and its dainite sole.

15. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Yeah, I think it is taller than an indy as well. I don't want to be super negative on this boot, but to me it has the heel area of the boot has the feel/look of a Alden for JCrew cap toe boot, the toe has the stitching of an Alden Indy, and the height the taller feel of a carmina boot. I feel the overall ankle looks blobby and not contoured like the Alden for JCrew cap toe boot and also without decoration it does not have the nice feel of a Lindrick boot or a Crockett and Jones Skye boot. What are y'alls thoughts on it?

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope I can get it too. Thanks, I haven't heard much about Vass but I will definitely be checking them out now.

16. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I would appreciate it if you could take some photos from other angles in an outdoor setting (with natural light). The boot looks interesting to me from what I've seen so far.

17. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

Thanks for this tidbit, can anyone else confirm this as well?

18. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Sure, I'll try to snap some pics for you as soon as I get a chance.

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Boots look interesting. I do admit I am partial to wingtips. The boot looks to be as high as the C&J Islays which are higher than my Alden boots. Are these also on the 325?

20. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Maiden voyage.

Went true to size on these and they fit my wide foot well

A little roomy in the heel but a tongue pad helped

[​IMG]