Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. razl

razl Senior member

I believe when I bought mine a year+ ago that SF consensus was they run about .5 large. I've got about US10.7 feet, so I stuck with the 10.5s and they fit me very well in the toe box with just a touch of slippage in the heel (I'll get some pads in there eventually).

2. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

barrie = marlow for me, fit very well

I think the sizes on the polo site are UK but it shouldn't matter for adjusting - my barrie size is 7.5, I have the marlows in 7.5 and love them

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  3. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

4. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

I wear 11 and got a size 10.5 and it fits well.

5. BeSpiffington

6. The Deacon

The Deacon Senior member

I hope to get the Marlow plain toe and am curious about the best size for me. I am a 12E in Barrie and 13E in Hampton and Aberdeen and #5 AE last. I tried on a 13D Marlow Plain toe on Thursday at the local RL store. I stood up and gently ambled (trying and succeeding to look out for the next guy and not crease the shoes) to a mirror and they look great on me in that size. My wider right foot fills out the vamp a little fuller than my longer slimmer left foot with no pinching of my little toes. I am wondering if I should try to go wide in a 13E or if the D will be fine . [COLOR=FF00AA]Do they get sloppy with wear if they don't start out tight?[/COLOR]

BTW I exerienced crowding of my litle toe in 2007 with size 12D Darltons on my then slightly smaller feet. The 12D eventually stretched to accomodate the little toes after 4 months of once a week wear and alternating a solid full shoe tree that filled the shoe between wears. They became my most comfortable shells until I had to part with them to make a car payment:.:embar:

7. blid

blid New Member

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Tacco is a top product. Make new shoes a lot more comfortable.

9. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Here is a pair of Marlow wingtips, they were meant to be sold together but one has lightened up after sitting under a fluorescent tube for a while...

[​IMG]

10. BeSpiffington

That is so weird. This whole buying of shell cordovan shoes is like watching that TV show Grimm. I ordered the Marlows at 10:00 this morning. Called to confirm order at 2:00pm. Found out prior order hadn't gone thru. Re-ordered thru RL NYC. 4:00pm received confirmation email from RL with no content attached. 5:30 called RL Madison avenue again to ask about empty email and to make sure they could send shoes next day air. "No problem sir. Very good sir. Is that all sir? Don't you want us to charge you another $800+ so you can try two different shoe sizes on at the same time, sir"? And the whole day long I'm reading posts on this thread and the Alden thread that I should order TTS. No, order a half size down. No, order same as your Barrie lasted shoe size. It's enough to make your head spin. Thanks to everyone who endeavored to assist me. Despite everything, who possibly could have had a more convoluted and interesting day.

11. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

during which months do these discounts typically appear?

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Shell

During private sales so end of april

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I own a pair of each.

Black = Calf

Brown = Cordovan.

If you have a choice, always get the Brown ones first.

14. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

I am an 11.5 US with feet that are a touch narrower than the median. I wear an 11 in the RL Marlow and it is just a touch wide on me. Perfectly acceptable, but not the best fit I own.

15. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Stevent said April, and I also recall there being a sale last November. So maybe twice a year?