• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How close to TTS do the RL marlow wingtips run? What are other members fit experiences with this shoe? I wear an 11D, -.5 size from my TTS which is 11.5, in my barrie lasted Alden LWB's. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I believe when I bought mine a year+ ago that SF consensus was they run about .5 large. I've got about US10.7 feet, so I stuck with the 10.5s and they fit me very well in the toe box with just a touch of slippage in the heel (I'll get some pads in there eventually).

mikeharo

Reaction score
barrie = marlow for me, fit very well

I think the sizes on the polo site are UK but it shouldn't matter for adjusting - my barrie size is 7.5, I have the marlows in 7.5 and love them

Last edited:

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 11 and got a size 10.5 and it fits well.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope to get the Marlow plain toe and am curious about the best size for me. I am a 12E in Barrie and 13E in Hampton and Aberdeen and #5 AE last. I tried on a 13D Marlow Plain toe on Thursday at the local RL store. I stood up and gently ambled (trying and succeeding to look out for the next guy and not crease the shoes) to a mirror and they look great on me in that size. My wider right foot fills out the vamp a little fuller than my longer slimmer left foot with no pinching of my little toes. I am wondering if I should try to go wide in a 13E or if the D will be fine . [COLOR=FF00AA]Do they get sloppy with wear if they don't start out tight?[/COLOR]

BTW I exerienced crowding of my litle toe in 2007 with size 12D Darltons on my then slightly smaller feet. The 12D eventually stretched to accomodate the little toes after 4 months of once a week wear and alternating a solid full shoe tree that filled the shoe between wears. They became my most comfortable shells until I had to part with them to make a car payment:.:embar:

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can always add a thin insole to fill out the volume a bit if you buy the larger size. I've started to use the Tacco leather insoles. Ive seen them branded as Saphir but they are available at amazon under the Tacco brand for half the price.

Tacco is a top product. Make new shoes a lot more comfortable.

david3558

Reaction score
Here is a pair of Marlow wingtips, they were meant to be sold together but one has lightened up after sitting under a fluorescent tube for a while...

Last edited:

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is a pair of Marlow wingtips, they were meant to be sold together but one has lightened up after sitting under a fluorescent tube for a while...

That is so weird. This whole buying of shell cordovan shoes is like watching that TV show Grimm. I ordered the Marlows at 10:00 this morning. Called to confirm order at 2:00pm. Found out prior order hadn't gone thru. Re-ordered thru RL NYC. 4:00pm received confirmation email from RL with no content attached. 5:30 called RL Madison avenue again to ask about empty email and to make sure they could send shoes next day air. "No problem sir. Very good sir. Is that all sir? Don't you want us to charge you another $800+ so you can try two different shoe sizes on at the same time, sir"? And the whole day long I'm reading posts on this thread and the Alden thread that I should order TTS. No, order a half size down. No, order same as your Barrie lasted shoe size. It's enough to make your head spin. Thanks to everyone who endeavored to assist me. Despite everything, who possibly could have had a more convoluted and interesting day.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How close to TTS do the RL marlow wingtips run? What are other members fit experiences with this shoe? I wear an 11D, -.5 size from my TTS which is 11.5, in my barrie lasted Alden LWB's. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
I am an 11.5 US with feet that are a touch narrower than the median. I wear an 11 in the RL Marlow and it is just a touch wide on me. Perfectly acceptable, but not the best fit I own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads