Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

In what webshop will this sale be? All that have C&J?

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Check the thread title, sale is already going on now and most stock is already gone

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

doesnt mean marlows are included. BUT if they are i dont think its that hard to call customer service or bring your receipt and shoe box in and have them honor the additional discount because alternative would be to bring htem back to store, return, and rebuy them at lower price

4. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Doh [​IMG]

5. Patek

Patek Senior member

Anyone here put toppies on their Lindricks to make them more appropriate for winter?

6. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I thought we did get the kicker or maybe you are referring to something else? Perhaps the normal sale is different than the existing pre-sale. $850 - $255 (30%) - $89.25 (15%) = $505.75

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Someone posted saying they were expecting marlows to be 40%+15% in the public sale, I was just saying what is expected to be in the public sale, which is private sale with no kicker mostly

8. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

Just want to give you guys a little update, I called RL, and told them about the email. They actually confirmed the 866 number with me, and said this is their account verification department. I called, and some dude picked up, asked me to confirm my address and birthday. I gave them the year of birth, and that was enough for the order to go through.

Did some digging afterwards, apparently RL and a bunch of online shops outsource their internet order to this firm. I just wish their emails would come from a RL address, and would look more official to avoid this whole thing. I mean, even Nigerians put more effort in their emails nowadays.

9. gentpax

gentpax Senior member

Yes for the rainy weather (on my Marlows), not so much for the snow. Cobbler chose Vibram Richard half soles. I like.

10. Patek

Patek Senior member

Cool, I will try that.

11. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Tbh, for me its the foot bed. It feels rock hard compared to my Aldens... still a gorgeous shoe but I wouldn't want to wear it for long distances. I'm hoping it will eventually break in and have been actively trying to include it more in the rotation.

12. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

it will break in deliciously you may develop a foot fetish!

13. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

If anyone picks up the Marlow shell pennys in size 8 and they don't work out, shoot me a PM if you want to move them for cash. JT

14. gentpax

gentpax Senior member

Wonder if I'm the only one here who grabbed a Mosley chelsea boot. A little pricey at the same discounted price as the shells, but I already have the two Marlows I want and something about this boot just grabbed me online. Liked it even better in person. Great grained leather and Vibram sole. Could do without the distressing on the welt, but I don't notice them on my feet.

I got the Marlows in years past in my Alden Barrie/Van/Tru size, minus one half. Had to go a full size down on these.

15. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

I should stop clicking on this thread. Every time I come here, I am tempted to pick up the Lindrick even though I have no use for it in Southern California.

Damn you guys.