Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. thinman

thinman Senior member

I don't see any sale prices online. Did you get email notification of the pre-sale (I'm no longer getting emails from RL)? I own a pair of the Darwins in dark brown that I bought on ebay and would really like a pair in black.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

not as good of a deal as last time when RL really messed up their sale pricing lol

but still not bad for some quality C&J shoes ... after 30 and 15% off its 505.75 plus tax

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah same sale pricing as last spring as well. Worth the sale price for sure IMO.

As for 325 last it fits pretty similar to the rest of the 325 lasted shoes I have / tried on

4. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Thinman I got an invite in the mail

5. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

So I have the PTBs and tassels... do I get the wingtips or Lindricks?

Anyone have both and can offer some guidance?

P.S. call customer service if you don't have a code... they gave it to me no problem.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

6. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

I have both. I had the Darltons first, then I bought the Lindricks. I honestly thought I would wear the Lindricks more frequently, but in fact I much prefer the Darltons. The boots have a certain "cool" factor, but in practice there are few circumstances where I want a dress shoe that I don't prefer the Darlton over the Lindrick, and also few circumstances where I specifically want a boot that I don't prefer something more casual or rugged over the Lindrick. I only wear the Lindricks when I am about the put on the Darltons and start feeling guilty about the Lindricks sitting in the closet gathering dust (not literally of course).

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Bucksfan, for as big a shell fanatic as you are, I cannot believe there is any debate here - you need to get both!!

8. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Thank you for the honest analysis.

LOL I knew someone would say this - in fact, I just ordered Alden shell Chukkas and got new AE PTBs, will probably get something else before Christmas. I'm planning to get a pair of Alden cigar NST boots sometime soon.... getting the Lindrick would stop me from doing that (and I already have the AE Dalton in walnut shell, which is just a shade lighter than these).

9. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

10. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I am in the lindrick camp. I had some heel slippage with the darltons so I returned them. The lindricks don't have that issue because you can tie them up a bit higher. So much more comfortable to me. I've been wearing these regularly for the last year.

11. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

anyone find aldens to be more comfortable then the marlows?

12. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Depends on the shoe and the wearer. I have some Aldens I'd consider more comfortable than the Darlton/Marlow and some I'd consider less (all else being equal - double leather soles, bluchers, etc.).

13. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

I do, but I chalked that up to the double leather sole. That thing is pretty hard to break in (still stiff after about 6 months).

14. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Just ordered the Marlow wingtips. My first shells! :slayer: Went through Robert in the RRL thread at the Chicago store. Everything was quick and easy. I HIGHLY recommend going to him in the future. I'm pumped to break in these bad boys.

15. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Agreed. We should definitely order through him rather than some random customer service rep.