• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ likewise. I just stopped wearing them. Lindricks doesn't have this problem though

mikeharo

Reaction score
I'm glad to read about your experiences with them being dry. I was worried I was doing something wrong. Interestingly, I logged on to ask if this was normal. After using Reno yesterday, I might do it again today as I still don't think they are hydrated enough. Thanks for your input.

mikeharo

Reaction score
Let me rephrase (can't edit post from iPad). I am not happy that your shoes are dry. I don't wish anyone trouble with anything. However, My intention was to say that I am consoled by your similar experiences. Carry on folks.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the dryness issue as well, but usually only on the right boot. It can be a bit annoying to see the dryness the day after using some reno. I may be crazy, but I think I would prefer if both boots had the same issue. It's weird to see one boot all shiny, and the other one not so much. C&J and Alden need to exchange some trade secrets.

mcbrown

Reaction score

Question -

Im too busy/lazy to polish my shell the proper way. Do you know if any shoeshine stands, etc. know how to properly polish shell? Has anyone ever taken your shell to someone else to shine?

It takes far less time to care for shell than calf - a little reno, a little brushing and you're done. Takes 5 minutes per pair if you're efficient.

mcbrown

Reaction score

8109604465_466cb99262_b.jpg

How often are people using reno on their shoes. Feel like my wingtips are drying out super fast despite maybe 1 wear every 10 days?

I haven't kept track of the frequency, but it's a heck of a lot more frequent than on any of my Alden's. They do dry out quickly.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neck breaking shine. my only critique is that too much paste wax was used. will need to brush it all off afterwards.
with all dude respect, the caps are gleaming, but the creases seem to be bloomin like an outback steakhouse onion. Is that the paste wax build-up you're referring to, or did they just not mind the creases?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
its the paste wax. i can scoop it out with a finger nail

Grenadier

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Marlow tassel loafers for a young man?

*edited*

Last edited:

betep

Reaction score
I'm 24 and my Marlow wingtips are my dailys. Love them

bucksfan

Reaction score
I love my Marlow PTBs and my Marlow tassels. wingtips are next. Of course, I'm an old 34...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads