1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. mdao63

mdao63 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

RL Peters model

2 people like this.
  2. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

5. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I've seen these but the buckle just seems too big in proportion to the rest of the shoe; otherwise, trust me, I'd own them already. Today: [​IMG]

6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Deleted - Posted in the wrong thread :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Lindrickizzzy comparison

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carmina Adelaide in Cognac (Alcudia), Crockett & Jones Lindrick in Brown Shell (325), Alden Indy in Cigar Shell (Trubalance) and Alfred Sargent Miller Boot in Cognac Shell (724)

Alcudia is pretty damn narrow. I went down 1 size in the Alcudia but if I had to do it again I would only size down 1/2 size. For reference, Carmina is a size UK11, Lindrick is size us11.5, Indy is size us11.5, AS UK11

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

daaaawwwwg, negotiate a cheaper price with the seller, put that money towards a sleeker buckle. baaaam

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Put mine on the other day promptly took off as it was so dry and I'm too lazy to Reno anything let alone brush more than 5 seconds

Just realize I never responded you book trip yet?

11. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

Currently having that issue on a new pair of Burgundy boots. One shoe is significantly lighter than the other. Also, the dye seems blotchy in the light on the cap toe. Not sure if I should keep and TRY to fix or return and lose out some good pricing since another size isnt in stock.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

no worries

with regard to the marlows, the left shoes is always dry. its also much darker. the right one is shiny and supple and more golden, than brown

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  13. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

Namor, have you ever had any success evening out shell colors in the past? Or they always go back to how you pretty much received them? These BB Peal Caps are making it difficult for me.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

havent really tried. i have pairs with subtle differences but it doesnt bother me; just adds character to the shoes imo. i once had to return a pair of lindricks where one vamp was much lighter so i exchanged them. fortunately, RL had an available pair and the replacement pair was a 10/10. if the shoes are new, I would recommend exchanging them.

i know that increased exposure to light (along with heat, perhaps) can lighten a shoe. I might leave the darker shoe out on the sun for hours a day for several weeks and then report back.

to darken, saphir cordovan paste wax in brown along with alden's cigar paste wax darkens lighter shell cordovan colors. how much and is it permanent i dont know but the change is noticeable immediately after an application of paste and an accompanying brush

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

whats up with the bb peal boots? if new, exchange them. if used, try one of the above with an appropriate color.

16. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

The differences is part of the nature if shell. Unless it's REALLY dark, there are going to be some variations.

17. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

I can be picky, but its about 2-3 shades lighter on the vamp, almost all the way around on one boot. Plus the cap toe dye looks blotchy in the light, not sure if that evens out with time/wear. It's my first C&J related product, all my AE and Aldens have come free from blemishes, whereas this leather had nicks, scratches, etc. It's unworn, they just dont have anymore in my size till who knows when, and I miss out on a good price.

18. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

If one shoe is darker in homogeneous way then the other probably the sun method suggeste by Namor is the best choice.
    the big problem is when the difference is in panels of a single shoes, in this case I would return/exchange the shoes if possible.

19. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Sorry to hear that this turned out less than ideal for you. However I would think there would be a better than average chance they will restock eventually, and they will probably have another sale like they have already done more than once previously. Prices still may go up a bit, but better to get something your happy with, than something you'll regret keeping.

Either way, I hope everything works out for you in the long run.

20. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I will have to repeat myself. C&j shell always have this problem. Even when new if no issue they will develop different shades sooner or later. And yes they will develop different shades in same shoes in different panel. What I think the issue is c&j don't use a strong finish on their shell like alden or ae does. Anyway you will get over it , like me.